Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Console, change incoming call button

Status
Not open for further replies.

csdept

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2009
US
I have a 302C1-A-03 console and I would like to know if it is possible to change the way incoming calls appear. The primary incoming button is very hard to press and would like to disable it so that calls come in on the secondary buttons. I see nothing in the ASA pertaining to these incoming call buttons.

Thanks for your help.

Kent

I am not sure this would be possible as the call-appearance keys on a console are fixed and not programmable in the same way as standard phones. calls will always be presented on call-appearnce key A first if available.

Then is there a way to make button A continually busy so that calls go to button B?

It can be done in the software tables by changing the state of the console's loop 1 to busy. Calls will come in to loop 2 and higher. If this is done for you, you would have to have it done after each reset 2 or higher.

This was due to a design flaw which was an oversight by developers. All calls come to loop 1 on an idle console and the harware (spring/contact) wears out on button 1 before the others.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

The button was working fine until someone spilled water on the 302C console. I replaced it with a 302A/B (not sure which) while the other dried out. Everything worked fine for a couple weeks then the hundreds group side-console stopped working with the 302A/B. I put the 302C back in place and it worked normally except for the stubborn button A.

Is the cable that connects the hundreds group box to the console a special configuration? I know there is an index key on the RJ connector but could I replace it with a standard cable?

I'm not looking to replace the consoles because we're probably going to get a new phone system this year.

Can someone explain to me how to change the loop 1 to busy?

Thank you.

add a analog station type 2500, put a phone on it in the switchroom. Go off-hook, call the attendant "dial 0", answer at the console, put the call on hold.

remove the handset from the 2500 set in the switchroom and put it in a drawer. Don't take the call on loop 1 on the console off of hold.

All call will come in on loop 2 or higher because loop 1 has a call on hold.

Other than this, it can only be done in the software tables by a corruption engineer.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

That's a little less technical than I was expecting, but it makes sense.

The call won't get reset by the switch at some point?

Only if the switch is reset. A call will stay on hold forever, unless a party hangs up. The timed reminder on hold or return call timers could cause some irritation.

likewise, the hold state of loop 1 could be written in software tables so the call processing software will think there is already a call on loop 1 and deliver all calls to loop 2 and higher. Again, a reset would clear this.

timers that you may want to change are below:

Code:
display console-parameters                                      Page   2 of   4
                              CONSOLE PARAMETERS

TIMING
  Time Reminder on Hold (sec): 30           Return Call Timeout (sec): 30
  Time in Queue Warning (sec):

INCOMING CALL REMINDERS
      No Answer Timeout (sec):                         Alerting (sec):
                               Secondary Alert on Held Reminder Calls? y

bsh

The biggest problem with this is the reminder beep. I can change the reminder to the maximum of 17 minutes, then the call must be placed on hold again. The reminder will beep all night when the office is closed.

Maybe I should try the 302A console again.

you don't have maintenance with Avaya or an Avaya BP that you could get a replacement through?

No, we haven't had a service contract on this for years. I mentioned previously we're hoping to replace our system this year.

Hardware platform? Definity / CM software version?

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

G3 Version V11, is that what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back