Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnboy03

Technical User
Oct 6, 2010
GB
This is driving me mad, does anyone know of a way of making incoming calls ring 2 or 3 attendants at the same time, and queue till they are answered? Or queue and hunt out a non busy attendant as they become free?

Do you have attendant vectoring turned on in customer options?

Are you using the AVAYA one-X attendant software to handle the attendant calls?

Depending on what version CM you are using there is a special feature that can be activated to enable this function.

The special feature application basically enables the use of call pick up on attendants, so whilst the call is ringing at the most idle attendant the other operators will be alerted of the waiting call.

Not sure if this is what you are after or not but got me out of a sticky situation before.

When you use Attendant Vectoring as mentioned above here are a few hints.

Queue to Attendant - Does NOT queue a call, but does sent the call to a specific attendant. (Complained to AVAYA about this and they said - 'working as designed'

Queue to Attendant Group - Queues calls, but how do you define a group? See change Tenant to pick a group for a specific tenant.

Some of this I mention just because I feel your pain.

To queue calls, use Queue to Attendant. Train the attendants on the use of 'Position Busy' buttons. I haven't found a way to ring two attendants with the same call. AVAYA uses a load balance calculation to distribute calls to the attendants in a group. Kind of like ACD.

Thanks...

There is such a feature, from CM5.2.1 you can give the command

change system-parameters special-applications
Then look for SA8986 the description is below, and if you are not on CM5 the SAP codee to order this is in there as well :)

SA8986 – Simultaneous Ring of Attendants

Feature Description

The special application SA8986 provides an attendant the ability to answer a call that is ringing at a different attendant console. An attendant presses the call pickup button to activate the feature.

Ordering Information
1. Order SAP Material Code 216072
2. Create RFA Request for new license file
3. Verify current Communication Manager release CM5.0 with service pack 2 or later
4. Download RFA generated license file

Feature Administration[b/]
1. Execute ‘display system-parameters special-applications’ and verify SA8986 – Simultaneous Ring of Attendants = “y” (Page 7 or 8, depending upon the release of Communication Manager installed)
2. Execute ‘change attendant x’ and add a call-pkup button for each attendant who will use the feature.

Feature Functionality
1. A call is made to the attendant group. The call is directed to one of the attendant consoles (call it console A) and rings there. On all other attendant consoles that have a call-pkup button administered, the call-pkup lamp will light. If the console is not active on a call, the console will also ring audibly.
2. The call-pkup button on a console other than console A (call it console B) is pressed. The call that was ringing at console A will be answered at console B and will disappear from console A. The call pickup lamps on all consoles will go out and all audible ringing will cease.
3. If console B is active on a call when the call-pkup button is pressed, the handling of the active call is determined by the setting of the ‘Auto Hold’ field on page 6 of the ‘system-parameters features’ form. If Auto Hold is turned on, the active call on console B will be put on hold when the call-pkup button is pressed. If Auto Hold is off, the active call on console B will be dropped when the call-pkup button is pressed.

Known Restrictions
1. SA8986 cannot be used with the Centralized Attendant Service feature (CAS). This applies to both the QSIG version of CAS and to the version implemented with Release Link Trunks.
2. Attendants cannot use the call pickup dial access code. They must use a call pickup button.
3. Calls made to the individual extension of an attendant cannot be picked up by another attendant. Only calls made to the attendant group can be picked up.

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back