Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Calling Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtetryyt

MIS
Feb 14, 2008
US
I have 2 operators that answer phones for a hospital switchboard. They use regular attendant consoles. They do not have to log in as an agent and it is not set up as an ACD group. The other day we had a code blue and the normal dedicated phone that people call on for emergencies was broken. So the ER people dialed 0 to call the attendant console. But the operators were extremely busy and they had to wait for 15 rings.....that was very crucial time that could have been saved. Is there a way to make it so when someone calls the operator from the emergency department it bumps back all the other calls waiting?
I have a Definity G3si Communications Manager 2.2 I believe.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about your revision, but in my version, if you enter the "change console-parameters" command, you will see on one of the pages a priority list for types of calls to the Attendant. Generally, the emergency access is pre-set as priority 1.

You would setup an "emergency access to attendant" feature code, (change feature-access-codes). Then make sure that priority on the console parameters pages is set as number 1.

Publish the emergency access feature code, and that's all you'd need to do.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back