Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant call flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmainiac

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2005
US
We are using attendant vectoring and have 3 consoles. I have reports of the following. Is this normal call flow or is it a problem?
Scenario:
Console #2 receptionist is talking to her supervisor, while speaking with her the supervisor could hear her station beeping, indicating an incoming call. Looking at the Busy indicator at the supervisors phone reveals that console #1 was not on the phone, and was not answering this call. Hanging up w/Console #2 and calling Console #1, she answered the phone immediately and said her station had not just been ringing. Calling Console #2 back to find out if that call was someone who dialed her directly, or a roll back. She said it was an normal incoming call.

Is this normal Attendant vectoring or do we need to look into this?

Normal Att Vectoring will route the call to a free console: in your example this can be #1 or #3 (I assume since you don't mention this one at all). And it will not route a call to #2 since this one is on a call (with the supervisor).

The beeping of #2 seems odd to me. Question is: which console did ring?

It could be that console #1 accidently activated the ring cut-off feature could and the receptionist did not hear the outside call (but than again, which console was ringin)... There are several ring cut-off buttons possible so it could very well be that there is no cut-off for direct inside calls. Check the status of the console and see what you can find out.

Last hint I can give is: look at the list trace for the attendant vector, maybe you can see which console is addressed?

That's what I thought. The console that was ringing was the one that the superviser was talking to(console #2)

I'll run a trace to see if I can see what's happening.

Thank's for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back