Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendance Reporting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen216

MIS
Jul 13, 2006
US
Hello, I have been asked to create a report for the call center. They have a problem with agents wasting time, and want to know when they arrive for work in the morning, and more specifically they want to know when the agent actually was ready to take their first call.

I can pull reports from our door/entry system to tell when they entered the building,, not good enough...
I can report on when the agents log in and log out of their phone,,, still not good enough. lol I guess more than a few go to their desk, log in, (go on aux) then go make coffee, get breakfast, socialize, etc, before actually going to their desk to take calls.

The call center manager asked if there was a way to report on what time the agent actually went on available... Is that even possible?

IE,, agent logs in to their phone at 8:55am, but was not ready to actually take a call until 9:10am,,, shift starts at 9am,, the manager wants to be able to present the data and confront the agent as to why they were not ready to work until 9:10,,,

I hope I am making sense..lol

CMS R14

Thanks

CMS reports won't tell you detail information in general. The skill status real time report will show if an agent has signed in and done nothing as of yet. This is indicated by AUX0. If you require AUX codes it is an easy way to identify lack of activity. If the signon, go available for an instant and then go to AUX you can calculate backwards based on how long they have been in AUX if they are present but not working. Depending on # of skills/agents/etc you might want to create your own Realtime report. Agent group reports are another option. In both cases they are real time and only show what is currently going on, not past activity.

You could create a report based on the cagent table that selects for ti_staffed > 0. Comparing the ti_ values would show what the agent is doing for the current interval. Depending on how you have your intervals set, this may be somewhat ephemeral.

Agent trace will tell you the specific time they first go available or take their first call. There is a limit to the number of agents you can trace.

Call records will tell you when the calls hit the switch and the agents start taking them but without knowing how you distribute calls it is not a fool proof indication. Also the disposition time reported is a sum of queue time and time spent listening to announcements, not the same as ASA (but good for trending). The callrec table is not without its own unique challenges for processing against.

thanks, that is kind of what I thought, but needed to confirm.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back