Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attempting to route 4 digit numbers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicket12

Technical User
Aug 15, 2016
US
Hello everyone,

While this is my first post, I have used this forum ever since I was hired to take care our phone system. The information here was amazing and helped through some rough patches in the last 2 years. Alas, but now I have an issue and fear I have to post about it.

We installed a new phone system (Call Manager) and I will plan on removing the Nortel in the near future (sad to say, but not my call). We currently have 2 PRI connecting directly to Call Manager, then a trunk connecting from Call Manager to Nortel. So the plan is to move phones by department from Nortel to Call Manager while keeping the same digits as before. during the transition, we know people will want to dial local numbers and there lies the problem. The call manager is set to receive 4 digits from Nortel and look up those number locally. Also the call manager is setup if anyone dials 4 digits, it will look locally and if not found make it a 7 digit and send to nortel. I want to set up something similar on the Nortel, but keep it as 4 digits when sending over to Call Manager because that is what it is expecting. I have been looking through forums and have not seen anyone come across this. Does anyone have an idea how I can tackle this?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you KCFLHRC.

I have the RLI and I see how to create CDP. I suppose DSC would make the most sense to use, because callers will still send 7 and 10 digit numbers to get sent out the PRI when not local. If I do create CDP for our extensions (3000 - 4499), do I need to have two entries with 3 and 4? Wouldn't that tell Nortel to ignore checking locally and just send them out the trunk to the call manager first?

Your CDP entry is going to be dependent on how many people you can move at a time. Lets say you can move everyone with X- 3xxx, then your CDP entry can be 3. But if you will be moving departments at a time then you may have to create 4 digit entries like 3000, 3001,3002 and then 3005 might stay on the Nortel. You cant have a CDP entry of 3 and still have a 3xxx DN in the Nortel, that's a conflict.

I had a customer who were in the process of migrating their extensions from a 4.5w CS1000M system onto Microsoft Lync via a PRI link and they had the same problem as they were planning to do it in stages.

The situation I had was slightly different in that they were not keen to keep on going into OTM to make changes every time they needed to delete a Nortel extension and add it onto the CDP.

I found a trick by setting up VNR in LD 15 under NET to make any unknown calls route across the PRI link and onto Lync.

It might not work in your situation, but I was lucky.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

That VNR is a good idea, then all you would have to do is out the DN and you are done, no CDP entry.

VNR sounds interesting. Definitely would keep me from having to enter each extension or group of extension every time I swap a phone. I shall look into this...

I got VNR working!!! With the help of you guys of course.

LD 15

>ld 15
CDB000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 50238172 USED U P: 1181985 192512 TOT: 51612669
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 305 KBYTES
REQ: chg
TYPE: net

TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 0
OPT
AC2
FNP
CLID
ISDN
VPNI
PNI
PINX_DN
MBG
BSGC
PFX1
PFX2
HLOC
LSC
RCNT
PSTN
TNDM
PCMC
SATD
OCLI
DITI
TRNX
EXTT
FTOP
VNR yes
RLI 10
CDPL 4
UDPL 4

REQ: chg
TYPE: int

TYPE INT_DATA
CUST 0
ACCD
CTVN ovf ovf ovf ovf

Once I removed the one CDP I used for testing, I was able to make calls to and from my test phone on the call manager. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back