Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attempting a kill on remote save

Status
Not open for further replies.

badawa

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
US
I get this error, any ideas???

* deadwood:index 3 retries attempted
* deadwood:index 04/10/03 07:59:14 PM nsrexec: Attempting a kill on remote save
* deadwood:index aborted due to inactivity

Back-up Admin

I've see this message on clients that runs for more than 24 hours. When a group is starting, and realizes that it's allready running, this has happened to me. Could this be your problem?

Since the problem is showing up while backing up the deadwood's client file index, I would run an index check to make sure that there are no problems with the indexes. Use:
nsrck -L6 if you are running NetWorker 6.x

Are there other symptoms? look in the daemon.log for further clues.

Thanks guys for your help. Im still getting the same error but strangely enough the clients Im backing-up are saving a considerable amount of data. So the clients are being backed up but for some reason I just keep getting this error. Any ideas why this is?

Back-up Admin-

Are the backups that fail incremental? If so, itcouldbe the trawl across a filesystem that is giving the timeout. Try a full backup andif that works, this may well be the case.

AndersTrolle,

You were right, the backup is running for more than 24 hours and it detects that its already each day. How did you fix the problem?

Thanks

Badawa

I almost have them all running perfect, just need deadwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back