Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachment problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVSbe

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
BE
Not really urgent but it would be nice to know if anyone knows what causes this:

Occasionally, some users in our system, who use Lotus Notes, have their client freeze whenever they click the "Add Attachment" button. The computer needs then to be rebooted. Desinstalling and reinstalling the Notes client only occasionally fixes the problem, and if it doesn't we have to result to formatting the computer. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this, or how it can be fixed?

Regards,
Niki. --------------------------------------
It's not the monsters under your bed, it is the men next door.
That make you fear, make you cry. Make you cry for the Child.
All the wars are fought amongst those lonely men. Unharmed, unscarred.

Delete the C:\temp\*.tmp files, empty the Recycle Bin, and restart the computer. This has resolved numerous unusual attachment related problems at our site.

Thank you. Will give that a try next time the problem occurs. --------------------------------------

Finally got to test it, it works. --------------------------------------

Thank you, BFOJ! I'll file that idea away for future use. I'm amazed at how simple that solution is. Have a star!

I'm glad you both found this tip helpful. I wanted to point out that this solution may resolve numerous other unexplained problems such as font printing problems, Dr. Watson errors, etc., particularly with Corel products.

If you do not want to face such problem, this is the solution

These days requirement of Lotus Notes certified professionals (Lotus CLS, CLP & PCLP )
are in good numbers, as against people with the same skill are hardly countable. In other
words demand and supply gap is wide. Keeping this view in mind, I would like to present
my self as :-

Lotus PCLP Certified.

Live experience on Live projects on Lotus Notes / Domino Platform.

Consultant to some companies on Lotus Notes performance tuning / designing / Reverse Engineering.

Corporate training conducted & complete support provided for Lotus CLS, CLP & PCLP
certifications from Lotus Corporation , USA.

Trained Students of MIT course ( Course in association IBM ) on Lotus Notes, where Domino server
runs on powerful IBM AS/400 server.

Written many articles for international magazine dedicated to Lotus / Domino development
"Lotus Advisor"

>> Lotus Notes Development Training.
>> Lotus Notes / Domino Admin Training.

In case you are interested to train your developers on Lotus Notes / Domino, I am available

Should you require any more details, please feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back