Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachmate to Excel for a MailMerge via word

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankaw

Programmer
Sep 17, 2015
CA
Hi guys n gals

I am currently trying to pull data off attachmate into a excel file . Without opening the excel file for a mailmerge letter. I have come across some examples of this on here but unfortunately they have not posted the code with the solution. ( )

For examples let say I want to copy coordinates 1 ,1 length 15 from attachmate to excel sheet 1 cell A1 ""without"" opening the spreadsheet.

Currently I know how to do this when the spreadsheet is open. but for this mailmerge to be successful i do not want the user to keep having to open the excel spreadsheet.

I am pretty new to attachmate and would greatly appreciate any help or a little frame work which i can build upon.

Hi,

AFAIK the workbook must be opened when writing from your terminal emulator and when running MailMerge using Excel as data source. The Excel Application need not be visible.

I imagine that your code will be in Word?

You really have two separate procedures: 1) Scrape screen and load Excel, 2) Run MailMerge. Each can be run independently or consecutively.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

My idea was to have attachmate replace the needed cells in the excel file and have the user manual open the word document with all the corresponding infomaruon that was pulled into excel used in the mail merge . Yes it will be one letter at a time . As I do not want more than one letter at a time .

You mentioned 'The Excel Application need not be visible.' . How is that sir...im a newbie apologies if this is a dumb question ? Any example code of this you can direct me too or write as an example to use as a guideline ?

lankaw, can you post your code that initially opens Excel?

In addition to posting you code as rely has requested, please explain the PROCESS you have designed to perform your Emulator to MailMerge requirement. What you posted previously does not seem to correspond to what I envisioned.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back