Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachmate Macros in a C# Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulchm

Programmer
May 22, 2007
CA
Hey all, I've developed a C# app that basically acts like a nice UI alternative to Extra's Attachmate and MS Access.

We have a series of macros already coded for attachmate and I am trying to figure out how to tie them into the C# application so when you click the cmd button 'run report' it will run the macro in attachmate.

Another option that I am interesated in is developing macros in C# that run through this program into Attachmate (if that's even possible)

The main problem is that I need to query several different access databases (I know how to do this already) and with the results run macros through attachmate to generate the final report.

Any help in this would be GREATLY appreciated.

after 2 more hours of google time trying to find more information on this I seem to be reading a lot about Reflection.

Is this a library or something that I can reference in my project? If so, does anyone have a link where I can download it? I just can't believe that no matter what I google I can't seem to find a nice guide to Extra! Attachmate coding in C#, seems incredibly strange. Starting to think this maybe can't even be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back