Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachmate Extra 6.5 macros under NT4 giving rise to ebmngr error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljamal

Technical User
Jun 24, 2003
GB
I have used Extra 6.5 successfully under Windows 98 and ported some macros to NT4. I had to convert one to a Visual basic application for it to run as it fell foul of a Ebmngr error. On testing others repeatedly was ok.

Now the macros are being used by end users they are giving rise to previously unexpected Ebmngr errors. Suspected the inclusion of clipbaord routines to be the problem and these were removed from one macro but problem still persists. Macro does not give rise to errors on every ovvassion , not necessarily eeven the second time they are run but when the error does occur the machine has to be rebooted.

Has anyone else experienced this , especially porting from 98 to NT4. Any suggestions ?

I have not run into this problem as of yet. We are running on 6.5 and NT. I do not have any macros that use the clip board. All of our macros write out to a flat file, and another macro will use the flat (comma delimited) file.

We have had issues where when the user closes all of their sessions it does not close down ebmngr, and thus when they load all of the new macros and are testing they are not hitting the new macros. We just kill ebmngr from the task manager and this usually resolves all of the issues. You may try and just write out to a flat file, then use the flat file from there, and clean it out once you use it.

Hope this helps. [ponytails2]

Thanks for the reply. As in many debugging issues you pick up on one thing to find later on that what you suspected was the problem wasn't the problem at all.

We are using a whole array of macros across a number of different sessions (that access different host services/machines) and some of the macros employ Global objects. I have now revisited the macros and inserted a routine to set these to nothing before exiting the macro. I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

I suspected retained object space as the problems with embngr were possibly due to memory leaks (or unreclaimed memory).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back