Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attaching a Script to a Value of a Field ALWAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoonyD

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
US
Hi All!!
 I'm writing an Inventory Database with 4 Layouts. One Field spans across all 4 Layouts and it is called "User Type". This Field has 3 Radio Buttons with the values: User1, User2, User3 (3 types of Users). The Name of the layouts are: Form - User1, Form - User2, Form - User3, List. What I'm trying to do is every time you hit the User1 radio Button, the database jumps to the Form - User1 Layout, and so on and so on. I'm also trying to accomplish when you browse through the database, the Layouts will jump to which ever radio button is pushed. Do I need to do this with related files or can I attach a script to a value that is churned out from a field?
 I have a script similar to this if statement but I don't know how to attach it to the outcome of the "User Type" Field. I'm not even sure if I should be using the Status Function.

if ["Status(User Type) = User1"]
 Go to Layout ["Form - User1"]
  Else
   if ["Status(User Type) = User2"]
    Go to Layout ["Form - User2"]
     Else
      if ["Status(User Type) = User3"]
       Go to Layout ["Form - User3"]
        Else
         Go to Layout ["Form - List"]
      End if
   End if
End if
Can anyone give this tattered brain some advice??  Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back