Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attaching a file in outlook 2k/NT4 = out of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

linmatt

Technical User
May 22, 2002
GB

If I try to attach a file - however small - in outlook 2000 running on NT4 SP6 workstation I get "Out of memory or Sytem resources. Close some windows and try again". Looking in this month's TechNet CDs didn't help except that it points to possible registry errors or file corruption. Can anyone help? Office 2k was installed fresh on Friday onto a bare NT4 workstation. It's a Dell optiplex 1GZ processor with 256MB RAM. No slouch. The task manager shows 1% CPU usage and very little memory use, so I suspect corruption at some stage. I need this fixed urgently, so would appreciate any help cos I'm stumped!

Try installing the Office 2k service packs to see if this solves the issue. I have an NT SP6 box running Office 2k SP1 and it seems to work fine.

RSCHIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back