Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachemate Macros To Excel & Back To Attachmate

Status
Not open for further replies.

acarterczyz

Technical User
Apr 29, 2013
US
Hey guys,

I'm using Attachmate's Reflection for the Web 2008. I export one of my macros to a TXT file and opened it in Excel. I replaced part of the macros with formulas to auto-calculate from another sheet. I then save the TXT file and re-import it back into Reflection for the Web 2008. After trying to re-import, I get an error. Also, I notice that formatting (tabs) is different from when I exported and when I imported. Is there an easy fix?

That doesn't seem to fix the issue. When I try to import the macro, I get the following error:
'An error occured while trying to import the macro.'

Why would you be importing a macro?

Are you not importing DATA?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Here is what I'm doing:

We have a process in Reflection for the Web 2008 that is lengthy and the process is dependant on information in an excel file we receive. I made a macros of the process and exported it (came out as a TXT file) and I opened it in Excel. I created a ton of formulas in the macro that gathered all the needed information from the excel file. I then resave the txt file and import it back into Reflection for the Web 2008 to run it (cutting down the actual process time by a LOT).

was there a question or clarification of a questiom in there?

Please post the macro that you are importing and explain the method of performing this import/

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

My guess is opening the macro file in excel has added some formating the compiler doesn't like when your trying to open the modified macro file. There could be other formatting issues beyond just the change to tabbing your seeing. Maybe try opening a new macro and then cut and pasting the code from the .txt file in to see if it clears up and compiles? May even be a syntax difference between the excel formula and the language your macro is in?

[small]Sometimes you gotta leave your zone of safety. You have to manufacture Inspirado. You gotta get out of the apartment. You've got to run with the wolves. You've got to dive into the ocean and fight with the sharks. Or just treat yourself to a delicious hot fudge sundae........ with nuts. - Jack Black[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back