Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATT Partner Mail Release 1.8 - Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaim

Programmer
Jul 7, 2002
US
The voice mail powers on. I do not hear any hard drive sounds, the lights on the voice cards do not turn on. Do I have a problem with the hard drive or the voice cards?

Hi chaim,
You can try the hard drive on another computer to see if it spins up.

The lights on the ports will not light until they initialize. So your fault could be anywhere from the power supply, motherboard to the hard drive itself.
Remember that the hard drive in the voice mail is strapped as the master. The host computer will not boot even if the drive is okay. I think there is a file in ROM that the system needs.
Hope that helps,
-Chris

If the problem is the hard drive, how do i go about replacing it? Can I just buy a new hard drive and use any DOS voice mail software that supports Brooktrout voice cards?

might want to check the power supply , we have had to replace them before.

just becouse the fan comes on dosent mean all the voltages are there.

i tried the hard drive in another computer and it spins up! I will check the power supply.

Hi chaim,
You will notice that the colour codes on the new power supply do not match the old one (motherboard connectors). It is okay to plug in the new one as I have done this in the past.
What a great stroke of luck for you!

-Chris

Try pluging your laptop to com 1 on your voice mail. Open up HyperTerminal and use these settings:

N
xon/xoff

Power up your VM. It may give you more detail of what the problem is. It may be a bad BIOS or most of the time there is a file that is bad that it needs during boot up. By renaming the file to .old suffix will fix the problem.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back