Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATT IP Flex Reach PRI on 100 DCD DS1 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiDesert

Technical User
Aug 20, 2004
US
Any issues with a 100 DCD card being used with a ATT ip flexable reach PRI...
I have a cutover soon and would like to know as much info as I can find on
this card...
Also do ant forum gurus have a programming cheast sheet for this combination.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

So here's my story. I told ATT they needed to be programmed Custom 5ESS because it was an old switch. They said no problem. Circuit came up and worked for about a week and then went down. Come to find out they set it as NI2 and figured it would work. Again, I told them this is a really old switch and needs to be Custom 5ESS or similar. They said ok and programmed it for 5ESS. It worked for a month before going down. Tons of slips. I finally talked to someone who knew more about the Legend/Magix and he informed me the IP Flex has a setting for "Legacy 5ESS". They changed it to that and it has worked for over a year now with no issues. Magix-side programmed for 5ESS.

As a side, we also tried DMS100 on the Legend and their side and it did not work for more than a day before going down.

Good info...I'll make sure what ATT is sending is correct.
What about the 100DCD DS! card....did you have to use the built-in
DSU/CSU???? or bypass it...
Also, one other question...right now the Magix system involved with
this change has (2) DLC consoles...with their 17 lines appearing on both.
Will that have to change to SwitchLoop or can it stay DLC...
Thanks again for your time and input

Our LEGEND and MAGIX systems MUST USE NI-1. These vendors just don't get it.

Also, when you're getting any type of IP to VOICE, it's best to ask for NO COMPRESSION. This should help the Legend/Magix's MODEM work better.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Also, one other question...right now the Magix system involved with
this change has (2) DLC consoles...with their 17 lines appearing on both.
Will that have to change to SwitchLoop or can it stay DLC...
I know I have a lot of questions regarding the proper programming input
for this PRI ckt...
I have NOT installed one before, thus my questions..
If I can be pointed to another thread or doc's to help answer my questions,
any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Calls coming in on a PRI are number based, instead of line based. So they can be pointed to a specific extension, calling group, or the QCC pilot number. I would NOT use QCC, but instead do something like point to one of your operators, and have primary coverage on the other one, OR, make those 2 operators NOT operator positions, point the incoming calls to one of them, and use SSA buttons on the other.

No, you DONT have to use the built in CSU.

Ooo no .. one of those circuits delivered and connected to a ROUTER..? PBX connects to router..
When they first started doing this, the EMULATION of a CO circuit by a router was pathetic.

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

HiDesert ...
You can find a PRI cheat-sheet in the FAQ of this forum..

I'm with everyone else here ... DONT use QCC type operators ..

If you choose to keep the other 2 as operator positions, give them a PICKUP EXT xxx of the first operator as well, and have them ANSWER the call from the pickup button rather than the PRI COV button. This way the PRI COV is simply a ringer, and when they answer with the pickup it pulls the call onto one of there own SSA's and can hold, transfer etc etc. + answer multiple calls. If they answer the PRI COV, they will only be able to answer 1 call at a time ..
If you do this, you need to turn off answering of calls when the handset is lifted, allowing them to push a button (The Pickup xxx) rather than answering the ringing PRI COV button

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

Ok...then on the 100 DCD card what is the internal CSU/DSU used for...if not with
this ATT PRI.????

Use it when you have a straight PRI. The ATT router delivering the ip flex circuit should condition the line already so you should not need to activate the internal csu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back