Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATM Interfaces Keep Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBowen

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Hi there,

I have a 5 site ATM ring carrying voice and data. Every now and then certain interfaces keep bouncing and certain sites cannot phone other sites. For example, site A can call site B and C but C can't phone A or B etc

Anybody got any ideas as to why this could be happening. Have spoken to provider and they say there is nothing wrong with any of the links

Any help would be great

Daniel,

There is a known problem with atm DS3 interfaces being over-sensitive to voltage, when hooked up to a live piece of telco.The interface flaps causing packet loss and eventual closing of the interface. Cisco say that attenuation of the voltage is the way to solve but I have had mixed results. I have used as much as 30Db of attenuation and still experienced CRC errors and interface carrier transitions.
Hope this helps a bit.

does the both ends have different 'CIR' setting for A-b and A-C? also need to check with teclo for the local leased line( SDH¡¡could be? ) besides ATM local port discard counter and crc counter at 'C' end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back