Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ati winxp issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceghost102

Technical User
May 21, 2003
US
i got a radeon 7500
athlonxp 1800+
a ecs k7vmm+ mb
512 mb pc 2100
maxtor ata 133 drive

I was useing winxp pro and it started to reboot on me from the start. Also gave me memory dumps and video driver errors. So i installed win me and all the problems went away except the normal win me problems hehe. im pretty sure its a winxp ati problem cause the onboard video works fine, and yes its turned of....would like any input you guys may have

Are you using the most up to date driver set? Goto :
and download the most current drivers.

Also.. make sure you have any and all old vid card drivers removed prior to installing any new drivers. go into the HArdware Mgr and remove or mark the current driver as do not use. shut down system and then install the new card. Windows will walk you through the rest of the process prompting you for the drivers.(what you downloaded from ATI link) if this does not work then you may have a bad video card on your hands.. if it is new or still under warranty I would return it for exchange at that point.

well i have a ATI radon 7200 agp video card and win xp pro on a gigabyte GA-8ST800 motherboard with 512 mb memory it stops responding and microsoft tells me that it is a THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER then it goes in to 640 by 480 mode but you can still use mouse to shut down all programs and reboot.it comes back in the 1280 mode that you had setup.can someone help me..thanks glenn

For "frogman4130"
Form MS:
Stop 0x000000EA or THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
"A new video adapter or an updated but poorly written video driver may cause your system to pause indefinitely while waiting for the video hardware.
Remove the adapter or use a different driver"

From "bluescreen77":
1. Update your BIOS
(2. Update your chipset drivers (3. Update your ATI drivers
(4. Check your BIOS settings ("Aperture size" etc.)

"ANTE GEIA"... [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back