Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI Radeon IGP 345 M - replaceable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbtmage

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2004
US
Hey all. I just bought a sony vaio PCG-K25. It comes with that video card ATI Radeon IGP 345 M. Apparantely this is an awful card to use for any 3d applications, and it also uses system ram as it's ram. I don't have much experience with laptops, could anyone please tell me if this card in a laptop is replaceable with something else ? ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Laptop video is part of the motherboard. That is one reason for the "shared" memory. About the only thing I can think of is to upgrade the main memory as much as possible.

Another thought: have you checked the Sony site for a possible update for your drivers?

I haven't checked for a driver udpate, I'll have to do that. Good idea, maybe upgrading from 512 to a gig of ram will make it work fine.. ? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back