Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI Radeon 9600 Problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clancaster23

Technical User
Sep 23, 2005
US
I haven't had this problem til just tonight. I will be playing a game (MVP 2005) and all of a sudden the game will freeze and the computer will drop to desktop, go back to the game, play for a second then drop to desktop again. I then get an error sayinjg something about the graphics accelerator stopped responding or something of the sort. Wondering if this has happened to anyone before and if there's a solution??

AMD Athlon 1700+
768 MB Ram
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
Have DX9.0c and Latest ATI drivers installed.

Here are the screens I get:

First one:
image25uh.jpg

Second after I close MVP '05:
image36ap.jpg

I just got this card replacing it over a ATI Radeon 9250 and haven't had any problems with it up til now. I have also noticed that some of the players in the field from the spot where you are batting do not have faces, you just see a blank white or black face and no facial features (eyes/mouth/hair etc.). You will see the pitchers but no one behind him (2b/ss/cf).

Any ideas on what's up?? Is my video card screwing things up??

Reseat the video card making sure it's fully seated, check that the heatsink is securely attached and the cooling fan is running, and clean any dust from the heatsink and fan.

If no luck, then try a different video card. If that fixes the problem, then the new card may be bad.

If you go into the settings for your Video card you will see an option to disable VPU ercover. I suggest doing this. When I had my 9800Pro I used to get this a lot in certain games, particularly Call of Duty.

Disabling VPU recover stopped this happening and I never had any problems after that.

Hello.I would go to the games web site and see if there are any updates or patches for the game also update drivers for video card.Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back