Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI 9500 pro+via = WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MazrimTaim

Technical User
May 7, 2003
US
I have a big problem that hopefully someone here can fix.

My old system was:
Via motherboard + 1.4 amd processor
7g HD
256mb ram
3d prophet 4500 128mb

New system is :
same motherboard
Maxtor 80g HD
256mb ram
ATI 9500 pro

The problem is:
On my old system I used to play UT2k3 and various other games... everything was fine. Now on the new system when I try to play UT2k3 it starts up the game, and it goes full screen to start, but just stays at a black screen; this locks up my system, i cant alt f4, ctr alt del, or alt tab. Dues Ex does the same exact thing, except i can here the intro music playing. Recently I found out that even 3dmark2001 (a benchmark program) will start up, but when i start the demo or the benchmark itself, it goes to black screen. Also even the preview in the display for screensavers (as long as screensaver is a 3d one) will stay black, then the entire computer locks up and i must reboot.
HOWEVER: for some reason Shadowbane works perfectly.

Need help!

More than likely driver issues... Make sure your old ones are completely removed and then install the new ones.

old system:
7g hd

New system:
80g HD

I started with a fresh hd, it was clean

1)Install:
-The latest VIA chipset drivers (-DirectX9
-ATI Catalyst3.2 (2)Check your BIOS settings (RAM and VGA)
3)Update your BIOS
4)For "UT2k3" visit: 5)For "3dmark2001se" download the "built 330" patch from {3DMark 2001SE build 330 - PATCH (2.66MB)}

"ANTE GEIA"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back