Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Athlon XP motherboard and DDR 333 help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kows

Programmer
Dec 15, 2001
US
I'm looking for a good motherboard that supports DDR 333 and athlon XP. I was looking towards Soyo or Soltek, as they have the best older reviews on TH. Anyone have any suggestions? (p.s. I would like that the mobos you suggest stay under $250, although that shouldn't be too hard)...I would also like onboard raid and lan, if at all possible.

It is difficult to find much info on these boards at the moment as they are so new.
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP with raid
MSI KT3 Ultra " "
ASUS A7V333 ? ?

Note* AGP 8X support on the yet released KT333a * not KT333
but then there are no cards to support it at this time.
KT333a release any time now! Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

What about the new Soltek board, the SL-75DRV5? Has anyone tried this board or could anyone tell me about it?

Don't think this Soltek board is raid?? Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

Motherboardexpress' prices are rediculous! Way too high! "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Kows, you might want to try this link

[a][/a]
it's an Asus board, with via chipsets, support for 3Gigs of PC2700,all AMD processors from 600MHZ up to 2 GHz, 266 MHz FSB, on-board raid@ ATA 133, USB, 1394, and 6 channel audio, no on-board LAN, but I hope I came pretty close with this one.
[PC3] [2thumbsup]

There's also the new Abit AT7 "Legacy Free" board (no ISA, Lpt or Com ports - entirely USB 2.0 and Firewire). I've seen no reviews on it, but given Abit's history and reputation, I would buy one for my next system :)

All benchmarks I've seen (including tom's) put the 333Mhz boards within a whisker of each other, so it's down to personal preference. I've used Abit boards for years because of their reliability and solid performance, but I bought an MSI KT3 Ultra recently - and can verify that it's a very fast, well-built board.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back