Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

atapi ID 9 Did not respond within time out period 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macaroni7

Technical User
Sep 22, 2003
US
atapi did not respond within time out period! Artec 52X 24X 52X. Event viewer ID 9. Windows XP (os). Tower clicks as if driver not functioning properly. Microsoft posts a fix indicating how to change registry??? All assistance, and consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You're not alone. My PC, running XP Home, is also underperforming. I've read Microsoft Knowledge BAse 314093 but it's all gobble-de-gook. My CD writer is not working properly and Event Viewer constantly reports that : The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort1, did not respond within the timeout period.

Please, please, can anyone help to fix this. I don't know how it came about but would sure like to see it go.

It could be a broken or partially-broken drive. I had a similar problem with a DVD-ROM that was fixed when I replaced it.

There are many components in an optical drive, if any one of them isn't working properly it could cause problems. My DVD-ROM worked, just very slowly, and it occasionally caused the PC to lock up.

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back