Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA2 No CLI Being Seen 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyuk1

Technical User
Sep 6, 2011
GB
Hi All,

I have Installed an ATA2 which the Customer has put a DECT phone on. I can't get the CLI to work when an incomming call comes in. I have read that the ATA2 does support CLI. Is there a specific configuration for line access programming on the ATA2 Set ?

Many thanks.

So i would need a keycode for an Analog set for it to work, and not use an ATA.

No codes for that you will not get CLID with the analog from the ATA.

clid on analogue set only works on the internal analogue ports of a bcm50.

It also works on the GASM on a 400

You can purchase the internal analog key-code to allow you to use this feature. from the Telco C/o you must have caller ID added to the line requested. Remove the ATA and use the internal key-code it's alot cleaner and more reliable You can have up to 4 of them. Also you can use a GATM 4 or 8 and use up to 12 analog lines.

Right I bought the Keycode for Analog sets and now have Ext 233 and 234.

I'm still getting the same problem. I have assigned line 061 to Extn 233 and ticked the CLI on the Line Access under Sets. However when a call comes in you just see 'External Call' appear on the DECT phone. The CLI is displayed on the T7208's etc but not the Analog set. Maybe ive missed something here.

Andy

Look at config of the analog set; also reboot the BCM. Tricky things sometimes occur when activating a keycode without a reboot afterward.

On the Analog settings I still get an 'ATA Settings' field under 'Capabilities and Preferences' do i need to set anything here. Strange that this option is available when it's an internal Analog. I will do a cold reset and try it again.

I meant on the DECT phone; there is probably CLID settings on there; sorry if I wasn't clear. You can set device to telephone, but won't change anything.

I think it might be the DECT phone. When an incoming call comes in it first just shows 'external call' but if you don't answer the call and the caller hangs up you then get the CLI. I will try just a normal phone in the socket and see if the CLI comes through.

Many thanks for your help.

It needs to ring twice if analog lines for CLID to come thru.

It's the DECT Phone (BT Verve 450). When I use a normal phone it works but the DECT take ages to ring and then doesn't show the CLI until after the call. Any recommendations on a DECT phone that works well on the BCM50 ?

Listen to the call with a butt set on monitor. You will hear the CLI "spill" after the first ring. If you hear waht sounds like modem tones, the problem is is in the handset. If not, troubleshoot the BCM. You can also connect an analog CLID device to the port to actually see the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back