Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA2 behind a Multi-link ZipLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

puttwill

Vendor
Aug 19, 2012
US
Not sure if any one will have knowledge about this. I'm not getting much response from the Multi-link support so I'm going to try here. For those unfamiliar, the ZipLink is a wireless pots extender. I have one set up between 2 buildings at a clients site. If I put the analog phone directly into the ATA2(no ZipLink), all the features the clients want work fine(make an outbound call, being called from an internal extension, and make a call to another extension). But once I connect it to the other side of the ZipLink, it loses the ability to call to other extensions. It can make outbound calls and receive internal calls just fine. When I try to dial another extension, I get a busy signal. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. Thanks

System is MICS pre terminal and sets config
I have line 6 set to primary
I have set on pickup group A
Pickup group A set to digit 9

Are you using any custom cabling to connect the ATA2 to the ZipLink on either end? Also how far apart are the 2 buildings ZipLink requires a minimum of 20-25 feet for proper operation.

The buildings are about 60 ft apart. The internet connection is very strong and outgoing calls have no lag or disruption, so I don't feel there is a wireless signal issue. The 4 wire rj11 that comes with the Ziplink is plugged in to thier biscuit jack that provides power. I ran a cable from that into a wall jack connecting the blue pairs on an rj11 to the red/green on the wall jack plate. Multilink support FINALLY got back to me. They are SUPPOSE to be sending me some information. If they provide an answer, I'll post her.

Seems to be a discrepancy in what your saying..

You say "I have set on pickup group A"
Will presume you mean Prime Line = Pool A

If that is the case then when you go off hook you will grab a line from Pool A instead of Intercom.

If you need to intercom (& features) then you need to Prime Line = Intercom which will allow you to call other sets and use features, then dial 9 for Line 6.
Also make sure you assign 2 Intercom keys to the DN of the ATA.

"I have line 6 set to primary"
Not sure what you mean here, does this mean line 6 is in Pool A?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

yes, I meant line pool. I knew that didn't sound right when I posted it, but I couldn't remember the correct name. Yes it didn't make much sense to me that this is how it worked, but if I didn't set a primary line or have it set to a line pool, it wouldn't work. Setting both got it to work. Works perfectly fine on the local side. I only have a problem with it if it's on the remote side of the ziplink. Remember, this an old version of the software, so it might work differently then you think. I know every time i have to program it with new features, I have to translate the "terminal and sets" version of the config to how this old one works.

To be sure:

Config/Lines... all required lines in Pool A and lines set to Tones (not Rotary)
Config/Sets/XXX/Pool Access A = Y, Prime Line = Intercom, Intercom keys = 2.

For fax machines on an ATA also do:
Admin/SetsCapabilities/XXX/Hotline = External, dial string = a Pause (Feature 78 to insert pause)

As I said if you go off hook and get an outside line then it's impossible to intercom or use features.

Double check the Prime Line setting in Sets and double check which dial tone they get (int or ext) when they go off hook.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I did some more testing today and got it working, but not very well. I had to dial VERY slow with VERY long button pushes. So I can save it in to memory buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back