Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA will not use prime line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

natcomis

MIS
Mar 1, 2002
US
I set up an ATA to use the pool A as the prime line. No mater what I do i always have to dial 9 for outside line. This is a fax and i don't want to have to dial a 9. How can I fix this?

Set up the extension associated with the ATA for a Hotdial (External) and program the external number to dial to be Feature 78 (Pause).

You need to set ATA DN to Hotline. Hotline selects whether a telephone will be dialed automatilly when reciever is lifted. Programed in capabilities under terminal and sets.
Good Luck!!

Executone is correct. Here is an additional way to do it using routes and desticodes.

Scenario: A customer has a Norstar® MICS 4.1 system. This customer has a fax machine attached to the MICS via an ATA. When faxing out of the system they use a line access code of 9 and then the desired recipient telephone number. They want to simply dial the number without dialing the access code when faxing.

Solution:
1. Under Services, build a Route and point it to a Pool Group. Then build a Destination Code and point it to the Route.
2. Under Terminals & Sets/Line Access change PRIME LINE: NONE to INTERCOM for the analog station.
3. Under Terminals & Sets/Capabilities change HOTLINE:__ to be EXTERNAL, then HOTLINE DIGITS DIALED OUT: to be the Destination Code in step 1 and then change the USE LINE:__ to be USE ROUTING TABLE.
4. Give the station in question Line Pool Access to the Pool Group in step 1.
darnold@americaii.com

Well I got it to wrok, don't really understand how...but oh well it works. Thanks alot for everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back