Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA refuses to flash-hook transfer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCat123

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2002
US
I have a Nortel Meridian 6x16 system with a very old firmware. System Version 30DBG04.

I have a Norstar ATA part# NT8890AC-93 connected to one of the 16 lines.

When I take a call on the phone connected to the ATA, I want to be able to transfer the call to another extension in my system, but thus far have been unable to. The result is the call simply gets put on hold.

My only clue is that I've been told that I need to have 2 'Intercom Keys' assigned to it. I attempt to do this in the **CONFIG menu, and it will show the change taking place, but if I look at the extension again, it goes back down to 1 Intercom Key.

Any advice posted to this thread will be greatly appreciated.

To transfer a call from a device on an ATA, when your on a call hit the hook/flash, dial * 7 0 then the destination extension number.

Try that....

MRoberts

Thank you, * 7 0 + destination exteion results only in the call being put on hold. There is a problem here that isn't quite that obvious.

Thanks for including the SP version of your software it helped to pin down the feature you need. you have a Compact DR2 ((release 7 working issue 4)?). it has different feature codes for transfers etc than the newer software. to transfer a call flash 9 then the extension, when the third party answers flash 3 then hangup. Note on the compact you can only transfer to extensions.

this is the same as a conference call, flash 9 puts first call on hold flash 3 conferences together all parties, hangup drops the call from your phone JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks Jerry... that works perfectly!

You wouldn't by chance know where I can get a proper manual for this old dog, would you?

I don't know about a PDF for the DR1/DR2 level but here is what I got.
alternate line flash 9
call fwd flash 4
Conference flash 9 flash 3 fi 2nd call busy flash 17
split conf. flahs 9 alternates between calls
flash 3 back to conference
disconect conf.flash 9 splits the confrence, hang up on the caller you want to disconnect. flash 1 7 to return to held call
hold call flash 7 cancel flash 1 7
last # redial flash 5
Page flash 6 if using ATA-2 flash60 cancel flash 16
ring again flash 2 cancel flash 1 2
respond to ring again flash 2 return to call you were on flash 1 7
speed dial flash 0
call progress tones flash 8 cancel flash 1 8
transfer flash 9 dial # flash 3 hangup
Tones off (for modems) flash 1 8

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com