Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA Feature Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath9465

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
We're having trouble with Analog station module. We installed a polycom in an office and couldn't access any features. Therefor we tried accessing features with a butt-set and had no success. Do you have any help.

I'm already aware of the feature codes associated with ATA's / ASM's. The problem is that when we hookflash with a butt-set, I as the person who is remote, is placed on hold. However when the * is depressed I am brought back on and the feature hasn't been accessed.

What is the part # of the ATA? Is it an ATA 2 or older one?

Is this an analogue polycom hooked up via an ATA (implied by your subject, but not stated directly) or the Norstar polycom?

If the latter, it uses non-standard feature codes. Post an email and I'll send you the manual.

We experienced the same problem with the Polycom Soundstation, but it was because of the timing the "flash" key was set for. We had to change the timing on the Polycom "flash" button to 600ms to simulate the timing of a "link" button. Then everything works properly with the feature codes. Post your email and I can send you the procedure Polycom gave me to accomplish this.

Flash and link are synonyms

You can adjust the link timer on the norstar, which is covered in the manual.

To adjust it on the Polycom follow these steps…
You can adjust the timing of the Flash delay to 75, 100, 300, or 600 milliseconds.
[ol][li]Press the Menu button, choose Admin Setup and press the Select button, enter the password (if required) and press the ENTER soft key. Choose Flash Timing using the scrolling buttons, and press the Select button.[/li]
[li]Choose Flash Timing from the available options and press the Select button.[/li]
[li]Use the arrow soft keys to step through the available Flash Timing options.[/li]
[li]Press the SAVE soft key to save changes. You may press the Exit button to cancel your selection.[/li]
[/ol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back