Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA ---CISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bv25

Vendor
Jan 1, 2003
US
NEED HELP WITH PROGRAMMING A CISCO ATA188.
THANKS GUYS.

Well if you had actually asked a question then people might be able to help you... unless we know what you can't/are wanting to do we can't offer any advise.

Try hooking up an analog phone to it first. Then pick up the reciever. You should hear a voice and lots of prompts. Program it that way.

I just received the ata 186 adapter. It's great...it takes us back to the years of old with this wonderful new technology. I digress. The first line worked as promised. However, I cannot locate any prompt to allow me to insert a second line, only speed dials. I'm using ccm 3.3 so I should have a valid software image. Any thoughts from the experts? THanks!

The second line actually appears in Call Manager as a second device. If you have auto registration turned on look for another ATA device with the same IP address. If you do not then you can work out the mac address of the virtual device for the seconds port like follows...

[tt]If line one is Line 1: 08A3F45CA001
Then line Line 2 will be : 0008A3F45BCB[/tt]

Just add 00 to the front of the MAC address and drop the last two digits... Hope that helps!

It is actually the other way around you will need to drop the first two zeros and add a 01 at the end

CCNA MCP NET+ A+

You're right... my bad... in the example that I showed

0008A3F45BCB is Line 1 and
08A3F45CA001 is Line 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back