Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA 187

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal112

Technical User
Aug 7, 2006
US
I have 10 ATA's (187's SIP) that I took offline because they de-register after day or so. I have 186's that dont have this problem and been online for 4+ years. Currently they auto register if connected to the network, what I've also done is manually configured them before plugging into the network, same issue! has anyone experienced this problem? Also, do I need to configure these ports for switchport access like VG224 ports or just the voice VLAN? Thanks much all!

We set them up on the voice VLAN, plug thnm in and set them up like you would a phone. INittially we had some problems with them but after we upgraded the software to the latest version, all the problems went away. I think some of the early poads were buggy like all new software.

Sorry for all the mispelling and punctuation mistakes. I meant 'loads' not 'poads', I had cataract surgury and hopefully my typing will be better now. :)

Quick queston do you know what the current version is? We are having issues with ATA 187's where there is intermittent failures on outbound faxes to a fax server using Brooktrout cards. I have changed the BPS to 9600 down form 14400 but still have intermittent failures. Also can you set these ATA's to h.323 or are they on;y SIP capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back