Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT command

Status
Not open for further replies.

EITech

Programmer
Oct 15, 2000
US
OK, I'm a novice with NT so please explain slowly and clearly. I need to schedule something to run during the night. I've got the routine written, and I've got a batch file which opens the routine. I read in NT help about using the AT command, but I can't figure out WHERE you type the command. How exactly do I do this, and would it be right to have it call the batch file which opens the routine, or is there a way to combine some of these steps?
Thanks!

Hi there.

The best thing and easiest thing to use for this is Command Scheduler that comes with NT Resource Kit.

If You don't have that, just go to a command prompt of your server and type AT /? and you will see all the prameters. Make sure the scheduler service is started before adding any jobs.

Here is the result of AT /? at the command prompt:

AT [\\computername] [ [id] [/DELETE] | /DELETE [/YES]]
AT [\\computername] time [/INTERACTIVE]
[ /EVERY:date[,...] | /NEXT:date[,...]] "command"

\\computername
Specifies a remote computer. Commands are scheduled on the
local computer if this parameter is omitted.

id
Is an identification number assigned to a scheduled command.

/delete
Cancels a scheduled command. If id is omitted, all the
scheduled commands on the computer are canceled.

/yes
Used with cancel all jobs command when no further
confirmation is desired.

time
Specifies the time when command is to run.

/interactive
Allows the job to interact with the desktop of the user
who is logged on at the time the job runs.

/every:date[,...]
Runs the command on each specified day(s) of the week or
month. If date is omitted, the current day of the month
is assumed.

/next:date[,...] Runs the specified command on the next occurrence of the day (for example, next Thursday). If date is omitted, the current day of the month is assumed.

"command"
Is the Windows NT command, or batch program to be run.

Good Luck
Hooman

Aha! Now I get it. Using AT at the command line tells the scheduler what to do. So, there isn't any way to view what the scheduler has in it, when it last ran, etc? Do you just take it on faith that NT knows to do this now? Thanks a lot for your response.

Please cane you help me to setup "RAID 5" with windows NT4 server

How I can congigure "RAID 5" with server NT$

Pleas tel me the optins.

I think what you want to do is the following:
1) Start - Run
2) Enter cmd - hit enter - this brings you to a command prompt. From there you can do all the typing for at commands.
3) to see the list of currently scheduled jobs, just type in at

You could also get WINAT which is a GUI interface of the AT command. Its much less troublesome than the dos prompt.

* At Command Usage:

e.g. you have a server NTSERVER and you wish to run notepad.exe during every 17th, you will use the at command like this.

Start -- Run --
type cmd.exe

on the prompt type:

at \\NTSERVER /every:17 cmd.exe /c "c:\winnt\system32\notepad.exe"

note: cmd /c is used whenever you want to run a command which is not included with the command interperator. the program or the command which you want to run with the schedular service is written within ""

* Scheduling Information:

to view currently scheduled commands type

at \\NTSERVER

this will give you a list of scheduled commands and their status with their respective IDs

for e.g. if you have a command with ID 1 which you want to delete, you will type

at \\NTSERVER /DEL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back