Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT Command - How to Stop/Start AV For Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdIT

Technical User
Mar 17, 2004
AU
Does anybody know the AT commands for stopping the Exchange componant for Nortons Corporate Edition for Exchange. I need to disable the Exchange Realtime protection during backup and don't want to do this manually everyday.

Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition 7.6
Norton AntiVirus 2.11 for Microsoft Exchange

Having it scan during Veritas backup causes issues. I need to stop and restart the services during this process.

Thanks

net stop "symantec antivirus client"

net start ..

for the Client Service

for Exchange look at your \\start\run
services.msc

look for the name

or isn´t that the thing you want to know ??

sorry for my english
german trainee

Thanks for the response
The Antivirus software is ok. It is the Exchange componant I want to stop

You Wrote:
Look at your services.msc.

It is NT Server 4. In the Services menu, it does not show me the path to the application. I am also unsure of the DOS Commands to stop the Exchange AV Services. I was hoping to set a AT command to start stop this automatically. I can't find the service to do this?

Thanks

start and stop using "services"

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

I know how to stop it manually using services. However, I want to set it up to stop/start at specific times ie during backup "Late at night when I am not there".
I believe the AT command can be used "If I knew which command line service to stop".

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Were you able to find the solution? I having the same type of problem.

Sorry bout the confusion

Net stop navexchange
Net start navexchange

for a graceful(and safe) shutdown you should do the following:

net stop MSExchangeIMC
net stop MSExchangeMTA
net stop MSExchangeES
net stop NavExchange
net stop MSExchangeIS
net stop MSExchangeDS
net stop MSExchangeSA

Since NAVMSE is so intimately integrated with exchange and you don't want any stray virus's flying in whilst you do what you have to with the service off, I'd strongly recommend pulling the entire exchange server offline using the above list. A buddy of mine took NAVMSE offline for 5 minutes during the day and got 5 virus's into the network.

Hope that helps.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back