Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T SLAMMED Me - Any recourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defey

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2001
US
We've been with our LD provider for nearly two years at 3.5 cents a minute. I just got a bill from AT&T (NOT our LD provider) for $1643 charging us 30-80 cents a minute for a period of six days in February. Do I have any recourse with them or our LSP or are we just stuck? How can I safeguard against this happening again??

Am I assuming correctly AT&T is charging you for 'trunks' you didn't even know of?
Maybe the charge is for lines some else than yourself got from AT&T without you knowing. This happened to me a couple of times too much. Some manager needing some line and not willing to wait for your department to get it done, so decided to get his own budget and fix things himself without you knowing and without using the companies infrastructure and (telephony)servers. This may not apply to your situation, but trust me: it happens a lot! :x

Good luck and let me know if anything comes up!
Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

I would speak with your carrier. If you didn't authorize the change, fight the bill. AT&T has no right to bill you if you didn't change your carrier.

Also I know Pac Bell has something which will eliminate slamming. It is called LPIC/PIC protection. The documentation I have says they will not allow the Long Distance carrier to be changed unless I call for it.

So check with your carrier and fight the AT&T bill.

Good Luck!

Ah, I get the problem now... :) Don't you use the Least Cost Routing Programming in your Definity for this purpose? This should rule out all exceptions...

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Umm, Maarten, I know a good bit about my Definity G1, but do have big gaps in my knowledge of it all. I may have this implemented on some page buried in the system and don't remember it. The switch was installed 12 years ago and I've been administering it for the last four years. Can you bring me up to speed on LCR? Thanks.

Oh dear...G1
12 years..
I'm afraid this MTV-generation-yuppie's knowledge on Definity systems won't go back that far... ;-)
Sorry! Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back