Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T IP Flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbinary

MIS
May 4, 2011
US
My LD provider, AT&T, has stated to me that the old PRI's we are using are being phased out and that we need to switch to IP Flex. The package they are offering seems pretty good and would save my company a substantial amount of money. My biggest concern is that we have an NEC IPS2000, and while the people at AT&T insist that everything will work exactly the same as it does now with no new hardware (other than the router they provide), has anyone had any experience with IP Flex and an NEC IPS2000?

Thanks
Chris

You should have to do nothing. AT&T is changing to an IP delivery instead of the older TDM delivery system. To accomplish this they need to place some equipment on your site to convert IP to TDM at the end point. You can probably subscribe to a monitoring system by them so they know when the PRI is experiencing an issue, or it may be included. That is a question for AT&T.

Thanks for the info. I always like to verify the information salesmen give me. I just don't trust them =)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back