Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T Definity G3 capable of showing real-time on hold call data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgr7

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2006
US
hello, I need some help with a Definity phone switch problem that I'm hoping someone on this message board can assist me with.
We have an AT&T Definity G3?(not sure about the G3 because I don't see that mentioned on the casing), Sd-67150-01, J58890L

Two members of management came to me yesterday with the need to be able to pull information from the Definity, preferably through an external pc attached to it,

such as how many CSRs are on the phone at any given moment, how many are sitting on hold, etc.

I'm relatively new to how a Definity phone switch works. I inherited it as part of my job duties as an IT Manger when I started at my current employer over a year ago,

and before that time my background was more in computers and not telecom. I've been learning commands piecemeal over the past year+ when I've had to add

phone lines, change hunt groups, pickup groups, etc.

Right now, we have a external Win XP Pro-based pc attached via a serial cable to the Data Comm Equipment port on the Definity. This pc runs Microcall software

which makes various call data reports, but it only seems to work in batch not do any real-time processing.

I've spent a while yesterday afternoon looking on the 'net for external pc solutions that would pull real-time CSR data from the Definity switch, and after turning up little in

the way of a clear-cut description of an Out-Of-The-Box package/solution, I then researched how you would pull the data sitting in front of the Definity's terminal and

keyboard and found a .pdf manual, DEFINITY® Communications System Generic 1 BCMS that's been helpful. In one part of the manual it talks about the command
monitor bcms split ##, wihch should display a report that I think might be useful to Management, however I'm having trouble getting the report to display. I think the

problem lies in that I need to define some "agents" and "splits". From further searching on the 'net and using the Help screens on the Definity, I haven't found any help

for how to display and or define "agents" or "splits".

Can anyone help me with how to define Agents and/or Splits?

Also, something else I learned about our Definity switch yesterday is that as far as it's ability to generate BCMS reports in "real-time", the smallest increment of real-

time it can seem to do is a half-hour. I found a settings page in the Definity and it showed me that Hour and Half-Hour were the only two valid choices. Since a half-hour

is as small a time increment as it can seem to go, it might be the case then that the Definity can't generate these real-time reports down-to-the-second?

I would though like to get the feature working down-to-30-minutes at least.
thanks in advance,
david

can anyone help me with my questions?
thanks in advance,
david

In the PBX, do a list agents, and if you have any defined, they will appear. Splits or queues in the system will be a hunt group, do list hunt...

In order for you to be able to collect BCMS data on the PBX you will have to administer the Split/Hunt group as ACD and measured. You will then hav to create agent login ID's. It all depends on what package you use when you set these up such as EAS.

You have to be careful when you change the settings from an hour to half hour becuase BCMS only collects data for a a certain amount of increments and then it overwrites the previos data.

I hope this helpd you some. I am actually working on the same issues. BCMS is very limited as to hat it can do but now management here wants me to hook up BCMS Vue...

Prflash

DGR7,

Let me know how far you have gotten and I will try help

Prflash

i know of a vendor that offers a web based version of BCMSVu that is way better and easier to use and allows for multiple logins for a fraction of the cost. he is an old lucent engineer that wrote this program. let me know and ill get you the info.

when I do List then Help on the Definity, there's no choice for Agent or Agents.
Could that mean that our Definity can't generate real-time data?
thanks,
david

Do a "display sys para cust" command see if you have the call center options turned on.

Prflash

when I do List then Help on the Definity, there's no choice for Agent or Agents."

Provided the splits are already set to be measured by the BCMS, the command to view real-time data is

monitor bcms <then use help for your choices>
(You can view split data, agent data, etc.)

for historical data the command is list bcms <then use help...>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back