Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asus V9280 Colour problem! Doesnt show red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakal001

Technical User
Sep 19, 2003
AU
My Asus V9280 S2 Ti 4800 card doesnt seem to be showing the red colour channel, just blue and green. I know that this is not any sort of software problem as i have swaped it among 2 other computers...same result. It is like this at default settings and with the latest drivers installed. can any one pleeeease help me?

The card is probably defective. Perhaps the red pin on the monitor connection on the card is bad. Have you tried it with a differnet monitor? Maybe the monitor cable is bad.

If only the red doesn't work it's probably a hardware issue as opposed to software (drivers).

Look into the monitors plug, eventually one pin is bend or broken.

The cable is fine, i used other cards in the computer and they worked just fine. Iv'e returned the card and got a new one so i dont have this problem anymore but thanks anyway :)

MY COMPUTER HAD A VIRUS FEW WEEKS AGO, I HAD NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO FORMAT IT. AFTER REISTALLING THE PROGRAMS IT DID NOT COME TO THE ORIGINAL COLOUR.WHAT SHALL I DO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back