Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asus V7100 problems running in XP pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

auspiv9689

Technical User
Jan 19, 2003
US
Could someone please tell me what is going on with my computer. I have an ASUS V7100(not deluxe), P4 1.6, 256mb pc2100 ram, ASUS P4S533 mobo, onboard sound and lan, burner and Windows XP Professonial. When I was done installing windows there were many artifacts and lines running through the screen. I installed the latest Nvidia drivers but it said that it wasn't "Digitally Signed." That didn't help the artifacts. I turned off write combining, but it helped a little but there were still artifacts. I then installed the ASUS V7100 drivers but it still didn't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot these things 400w p/s and a Tatung 15" monitor, the monitor works fine on my other computer.

Maybe the clock of the chip or of the memories is set too high. Get them to 175/166 instead of the Asus defaults. Check also if the heatsink is in place.

I checked the clock settings and they were 175/166. The heatsink is also in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back