Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS P4B266 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch222

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
NL
How do I connect the motherboard to the computercase when the pins POWER ON and RESET are missing on the motherboard. Perhaps did the factory provide another way to connect to the system management. I didn't find it.

Looking at the manual page 2-36 shows where both of those case connectors go...

If the manual is in the pdf, it says nothing of the pins to connect to. I don't have the manual, so I have to get my information from the pdf.

Okay Look fella,
LOL
I'm on dialup and wanted to see what your manual was like and downloaded it...the pdf...and gave you the reference from it.
do I have to paste it in here for you to see it, too?
From the Thumbnails on the Left...click on 59...effectively
turn the page. They're there!
(effectively page 2-37.)
always think of turning the page

Much obliged that you are so helpfull. I know were to find the assumed points to connect, but as I said in my first message: the pins are missing on the motherboard, not the spots where they're supposed to be. Now I can solder them on the spots, but before doing that I thougt, maybe someone has the same motherboard, because it's factory made (the missing pins). ASUS seems to have a hidden meaning with this. A week's e-mailing to ASUSTek did not give a suitable answer yet.

Hi dutch:

Naw, on a new motherboard with connection pins missing, I think I'd stay on the horn (phone) 'til I talked with someone and got an RMA...
Never gotten a board that the mfr. expected me to solder connection pins onto...and they'd get it back if I did! LOL

Well laugh about it. Bought it second hand, third maybe. The guy who sold it didn't notice where the threads came from. But there's a meaning to this. I higher way of switchting on/of. I'll find out.

Hi dutch:
Sorry, hadn't even considered that might be the case!
Your post will serve to remind me why I DON'T acquire boards this way.

Hi Gargoulle
It's all risk in life. When I found the answer, I let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back