Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS Live Tuner Windows XP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZimZ

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2001
NL
I've switch to Windows XP. Everything works fine, except for Asus Live. I get the following message:
Video decoder detecting occurs error!
Possible reasons:
1. Your display card doesn't have a video decoder
2. Your monitor or monitor driver is not proper design for I2C Bus control

My card: Asus V7100 Deluxe Combo.
Motherboard: Socket 423 P4, 850 Chipset

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks!

OK, I too have the Asus V7100 Deluxe Combo. I too got it working in XP Home under the WDM 1.08 driver, all the rest are the latest ASUS drivers. I'm not doing any tweaking so those aren't loaded, nor are the security drivers. The box is pretty fast, and I get no frame drops at DVD levels in hours. Very nice, alsmost as nice as it was working in ME. BUT..... Get this, now if I open ANY game, the system RE-BOOTS! Yes, I got the latest drivers; H suffex dated 1/6/03. Yes, I have e-mailed ASUS; no answers at all (any thoughts on how to reach them, phone etc?). The 3D picture viewer re-boots too if you open it. I have checked all the advanced system settings; they are all fine with an occasional message you haven't set up your monitor (I have) but other than that nothing. The test settings do flicker the glasses a bit, but they aren't blocking it enough to see 3D and I tried setting it to page-flip and interlaced with no results. I did have one early problem; the I set the AGP driver to nVidia instead of the SiS 650 chipset on the mother board (AsRock G-Pro/ 1.8 GHz P4/640 Mb RAM) but I have long since corrected that problem to no avail. Next try will be to uninstall everything and re-install the AGP driver FIRST. This appears to be a 3D driver problem. Each of those re-boots gets mailed to Microsoft as a major error, but this is getting pretty silly. BTW, the system is working flawlessly uther than this silly re-boot issue. Any thoughts?

Larry Elie

Duh... I solved my re-boot problem. Yes, Windows was trying to tell me something. That message, you haven't set up your monitor? I had, but I had it WRONG. At the resolution I was using it can't do vertical over 85 Hz; you need 100 for the glasses to work. I dropped the resolution and vola! Good 3D, no re-boots. The monitor description file wasn't right. Now I have the whole thing working... well, the 3D viewer has dropped the zoom feature, but it's pretty robust now.

Larry Elie

Hi guys,

I have installed the Nvidia Detonator drivers and the
Nvidia WDM 1.08 drivers on a WinXP with the Asus 6600 Deluxe.
But how in the world can i get the video out to work ?
In win98 i could chose but now i don't see the option.

Please Advise...

DJ PAT Online

I have Asus 7700 Deluxe on Windows XP, with nVidia graphics driver 41.09 and WDM driver 1.19 (WDM from Asus website). Asus Digital VCR shows a blank screen on capture. Windows Movie Maker shows a fast-flickering static image.

I tried nVidia WDM driver 1.22 but it does not work. Capture device can not be started (code 10).

Any idea on how to figure out what is wrong?

Thanks!

Hi!
I have Asus 7700 Deluxe on Windows 98SE, with nVidia graphics driver 41.09 and WDM driver 1.08 (as someone correctly suggested, the only one that works with the 7700 card...!). All the video capture seems work fine now, but... Asus VCR doesn't capture any sound! In the configuration window is not possible to select the audio capture devide (my Soundblaster sound card?!).

So, for the moment I have a nice folder on my desktop with two drivers... The detonator 41.09 and the original one provided with the 7700... Normally I have the detonator installed, and when I need to capture I re-install the old one. And I use the original capture driver provided with the video card (I uninstalled the WDM driver...).
I know... Is not really a solution, but is the only way for me to handle the problem with ASUS VCR...

Any suggestion to solve the problem?

Many thanks...
Doc

I worked a lot with no problem with a P3 1Ghz Win98SE and V7700 deluxe, capturing from an analog camera using ASV2 compression and Ulead Media Studio 6.5 and then creating mpeg vcd, svcd an dvd...but...now I installed XP (six times!!!) and applied everything this forum suggests.

I installed the last v7700 video driver from asus... the asus WDM 1.08 in the asusdvcr2.1 beta which seems to have the right inf file (with ASUS replacing nVidia).Win Xp found and installed the ASUS WDM A/V etc... 4 new device... then I installed the last asusdvcr. Starting the asusdvcr it pops up an error 'file not found' (!) and a strange kernel error... but continue... and seems to work but there no way to capture using ASV2 encoding. Only mpeg (very frame loser...) or AVI msyuv (but not asv2)
So I used the ulead capture software and ... no error on starting ...but no way to set AVI ASV2 encoding.
The strange thing is that in the property of the WDM capture you find the ASUS mask with quality settings! So ... help...
How can I set ASV2 encoding ??? It seems to be only a ASV decoder (I can see the old ASV2 AVI file).

In this forum many times there was a question on the possible decision of a problem with videocapture for nVIDIA-videocards in Windows XP. I also have collided it when tried to provide videocapture with ASUS V3400TNT-TV. Whatever I try, I get the message for the capture driver "This Device cannot start (Code 10). Unfortunately, all recommendations mentioned here and possible combinations of drivers could not help me.
Interestingly that I also could not use the WDM-driver in Windows Millenium. It may a problem is caused ACPI?
Someone have an idea?
My system:
Windows XP Professional (not SP1)
AMD 900 Duron
256Mb
ASUS KT133A VIA + last MB drivers VIA4in1
ASUS V3400-TV 16Mb
ASUS video driver 21.81a
Creative SB Live 5.1 + last drivers update

However, I have found out that there is a program of videocapture Video Live ( developed by Igor Lukin. It uses the own driver of videocapture (in which the old mistake of ASUS drivers causing incorrect autoregulation of brightness completely was corrected) and does not depend on installation of other drivers of videocapture. I was pleasantly surprised with convenience, a good choice of adjustments and high quality of work of this program. Unique lack of its autonomy is impossibility of use of its driver for videocapture by other programs. But it is not so important. It completely justifies the small price (35$) though while there is an opportunity of its free-of-charge testing.

stLeadtek em:
Athlon 1400
Leadtek 7350 KDA SIS 735 Mobo Chip
256mb pc2100 DDR
SB Live 5.1
Asus V8200 Deluxe
OS - Windows XP Home no sp1
Just loaded of original install CD

Asus DVCR 2.3.5.2 work for vcd mpeg1 capture
with Road Runner cable box plugged into RCA
video-in adapter.....

Dvcr is unstable on playback of mpegs but
Windows XP Media Payer is OK...

How did I get to this point....
1. Installed Display Dvr 21.81a
because XP starts out in VGA mode.
2. Installed Dvcr 2.1
because it has its own WDM Asus
named drivers listed in
Control Panel\...Sound, Video...
as ASUS Video Capture ...
four listed although in System32\drivers
they are nvcap.sys... files.
3. ASV2 Decoder/Encoder is listed in Sound,Video
4. installed Dvcr 2.3.5.2 right over
Dvcr 2.1....it does not intall its own
WDM so we still are
working with v1.08 WDM

I tried Video Live from Igor Lukin
But... it did not start at all....
No how to for install
except to run setup.....
Any comments......

I tried Ivan Uskov VCR from IU Lab....
It works.... with WDM 1.19 and
Display drv 12.81a using Asus V8200 Deluxe
with the system mentioned above.....

Same problem like everybody else( Athlon 850,asus k7v, v6800, XP pro). Tried everything so far. The only thing that needed change was the f@#% AGP voltage. The jumper (VIO Regulator) says 3.4V, Smart Doctor reads 3.29V( as oposed to 3.31/3.22V before). No need of reinstall ANY software. Repeat drivers are fine, the hardware setting of voltage supplied to AGP possibly needs increase- I read somewhere that the graphics chip needs higher voltage to get the signal to the driver. Feel like I bought a new card![thumbsup]

One thing I found out is that youshouldn't have a secondary graphics card. After I removed it, I was able to see things (ASUS 7100 deLuxe Combo, latest drivers + WDM 1.08) in both dVCR 2.5 (? the latest, in any case) and iuvcr.
But in both applications, I don't get sound. Already tried the line-in trick, but it doesn't work :(.

HI! Just found this forum... I've tried to find good drivers for my ASUS-V6600 DELUXE CAPTURE, Windows XP Drivers. Can't find 'em anywhere. I heard about Technogarb drivers, and I also heard that capturing video with my card should work in XP with those drivers. Unfortunetly they've closed technogarb website ( and I can't find those drivers anywhere :(
So please, could someone just tell me what do I have to do that I can capture video in XP like I can with WIN98? Everytime I start AsusLive and try to capture in XP, it just crashes down. Help, please. I really need it.

Greetings: I'm running an ASUS A7N8X mb and an ASUS V6600 deluxe 32 meg SGRAM video card. I've installed WinXP and lost my capture ability. The WDM capture drivers that I repeatedly installed was flagged in the device manager and XP also gave me a code 10. (hardware won't start) I've been looking and trying things for weeks and now I have it.
The key for me was using the asvd200 zip download, which is the ASUS Video Codecs from there site and the asdvcr21 zip file which is an older Asus Digital VCR but is bundled with the "ASUS WDM Video capture drivers (Universal)". I had to run the WDM driver set up from inside it's own folder after unzipping the asdvcr21 folder or I would get errors when the drivers would try to install. Once I had the "ASUS WDM Video capture drivers (Universal)" installed along with the other 3 WDM pieces (crossbars etc.), I went for the latest Digital VCR from Asus and installed that.
I had no success with the nVidea drivers at all even when I modified the ini file. My nephew has an ASUS 8200 with capture and none of this is an issue for him. His Card Came with the "nVidea WDM Video capture drivers (universal)". I tried them too from his CD with no success. I don't know for sure, but I have been lead to believe, from this experience, that this may be unique to the older cards.
It's very exciting to get past this problem and I hope this helps someone else.

Hi,
I finally got the capture and tv-tuner to work after installing 11.90 and updating my XP installation with Windows Update. However! There is no sound on the right channel, but a lot of it on the left audio channel: a very dim TV audio signal and very loud noise (static).
The signal is PAL-BGH, on cable in The Netherlands.
Anyone got an idea? Thanks!
=qAP=

Halleluiah! This thread solved my problem. I've spent 4 hours trying to get my POS Gainward GeForce2 MX400 VIVO Golden Sample to do video capture with Windows XP and thanks to a clever poster here, I finally solved it!

I was getting the same error: This device cannot start Code 10. Ugh! But rhodan_at posted on Aug 18, 2002 and said you can't have the Video In plugged into the card when you install the drivers, or else you get the Code 10 error. And this totally worked. THANKS!!

So to anyone who's having this problem with a Gainward GeForce2 MX400 VIVO you need to go to Device Manager, right-click any of the drivers that have the Yellow Exclamation and click Uninstall. Then log off. Now, UNPLUG the VIVO cable whip from the back of your video card!! If you have the VIVO cables plugged in when you try to install the WDM video capture drivers, you'll get the Code 10 error.

Now log back in, let Windows XP detect your hardware, choose the driver manually, and it should install without any Code 10 crap.

Good luck!

Hello! I try to solve the "Code10 error" since I bought my Ti4200 graphics card. At first I replaced the old 300W PSU with an Enermax 350W supply, because there was too less currency on the 3.3V-line. I had 3,17V before replacement and after that the system monitor stated 3.34V, which should be enough, but the Code10 error remained! So I spend a whole weekend and found two solutions:

1. Install an older Nvidia Detonator (30.72 or similar) and an older Nvidia WDM driver (must be 1.08!).This works, unfortunately you can't use a recent Detonator driver, because then you'll get the error again.

2. Detach all Video connectors from your Vivo port/cable, BEFORE you boot your PC. This will ensure that the WDM Driver starts properly. After boot process you can connect the cables to the Vivo port and everything is fine.
With this solution you can also use newer WDM drivers like 1.22 and the newest detonator drivers.

If anyone has an allround solution for the error10-problem, please post!!!

Try following the steps I got it to work:
(it's always best to install all the drivers and software manually - not
through installer)

1. Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

2. You should see "nVidia WDM drivers" remove it completely AND DO NOT
restart the computer just yet.

3. Now, locate "nVidia display drivers" and remove it too. Now you can
restart.

4. After Windows restarts, it will say found new hardware - cancel on
that.

5. Browse the Drivers folder and install drivers from setup.
Restart computer.

6. Browse the WDM folder and install capture drivers from setup.
After it's finished - DO NOT RESTART THE COMPUTER YET.

7. Go to device manager and do "Scan for hardware changes". It should
find capture drivers. This part is very important part: Do not install
drivers automatically. Instead choose "From specific location", and
after choose "Don't search, I will choose the driver". After installing
you can restart the computer.

I actually use WDM 1.23 from Gainward, and the lastest Nvidia Detonator drivers.
LUCK

After 8 sleepless nights,reinstalling W200 to XP I know, that so f.....g work was for nothing. Tuner on Asus V7100 is so unsensitive,that you can catch totaly nothigh and if so,it's in veerry bad quality. Sell this card,if you can. Buy another. A haven't met any other more problematic card than this.With success and disapointing I win:

Try this way,on your risk.These are my moments and my expriencies,so I don't tell it must me truth:

1. Install Nvidia Detonator 41.04. Newer will not work,
respective It will get Error 10 when installing any kind
of WDM from Nvidia.

2. Install Stereo Drivers fo VR glasses 45.4 - you can have newer ones than Detonator

3. Install Asus DVCR 2.1 for WDM support

4. Install Dvcr 2.2 - the latest you can have, because in 2.5 my sound disappeared. Don't know why.

5. Install WDM 1.19b from Nvidia. Tuner works also with drivers from DVCR 2.1, but I tried the latest one I can

6. Download some tuning program. I use FlyDS. It's much more intelligent for tuning than the asus one in Dvcr.

Connect line from VGA to TDA-in on SB live, you will get sound from both speaker (4 sp.)

VR glasses wroks, glide works, D3d works, tuner seems to work. But as I told, don't expect miracle. Each other is better.

I use PAL-D and while starting Asus DVCR and tuning I get error country code, but it jumps over and continue..

Hi there,
I tried to get my 8200 t2 Deluxe to work on win98se, winMe and win2K. I didnt succeed. I don't have the original driver Cd, so i'm really in the dark here. Somewhere therew is a note that i should install VIA VGARTD in normal mode. Anyone knows how to do this? Is this what they mean when i can choose to install AGP normal or turbo mode? this option is only available on the older via drivers. can there lie the problem?
Guess it would be a great help anyway, if someone could send me an image of the original driver cd. on MSN or ICQ.

Please help me out, i paid too much for this card...
thanx in advance ! jobrabbeljee@hotmail.com or papajob@home.nl (outlook)

I have a V7100 Deluxe Combo, and I suspect 7903234185 (TechnicalUser) has a bad or noisy tuner on his card. This is the 4th. different tuner card I've had, and is as good as any in the lot. Better than my ATI. The card isn't noisy at all, and with any decent source can capture just fine. I've used it under 98SE, ME and XP. I typically do NOT use the ASUS DVCR program for anything other than watching TV; I use Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 for capture. The driver combo for XP is very sensitive; I've had the box 'lose' the stereo drivers on occasion, and I appreciate the tips as I haden't tried the latest nvidia referece 3d drivers yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back