Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS Live Tuner Windows XP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZimZ

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2001
NL
I've switch to Windows XP. Everything works fine, except for Asus Live. I get the following message:
Video decoder detecting occurs error!
Possible reasons:
1. Your display card doesn't have a video decoder
2. Your monitor or monitor driver is not proper design for I2C Bus control

My card: Asus V7100 Deluxe Combo.
Motherboard: Socket 423 P4, 850 Chipset

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!
Thanks to all for advises, but I need one more suggestion about:

horizontal white bar in the middle of my captured video.

I am using:
ASUS V6800 (Nvidia GeForce 256) 32Mb AGP DDR
1. Asus 29.80 video driver
2. Asus 1.11 WDM driver
3. Asus Digital VCR 2.2
Everything works fine, except this. Thanks for any help.

Was there a solution for the Code 10 problem with the asus 3400 in win XP? (a non IRQ solution..) If so, please post it! (*on my knees beggin'*)

Ok here it goes ! Check this, it WORKED for me.
I have an Asus v7700 Geforce 2 GTS 32 meg and a Asus TV-BOX.
I was using windows ME and everything was fine, I asked the tech support at Asus if there was any problems moving to Xp and I got this..

Dear Customer,
Thanks for choosing ASUSTeK.

We have not released ASUS Live Utility software for Windows XP OS. But we have new capture software, which is called ASUS Digital VCR software version 2.2 for our VGA card. Please download it from our website as following URL:

ASUS Digital VCR 2.2 needs the nVidia WDM capture driver installed. It is available from:

Installation Process:
1. Windows XP OS installation
2. Install Motherboard AGP driver according to the motherboard chipset.
3. Install ASUS Windows XP driver.
4. Install ASUS Digital VCR software 2.2.
5. Due to those drivers are not certificated by Windows XP, please install them anyway. After reboot, it will auto detect the new hardware and install all of WDM driver and capture driver.
6. Please open Windows Device Manager, if you can find "nvidia capture device", "nvidia audio/video crossbar", etc in "Sound, Video and Game Controller" list and without any Unknown Device, then you can run our ASUS DVCR program for testing.

BUT !! This is NOT working with my setup. After 4-5 install of Windows Xp it seems that you CANT mix the NVIDIA WDM and the ASUS VIDEO CARD DRIVER. If you do so, you will see something from the S-Video IN, but nothing from the cable TV.

The best way is :
1- Install the latest Asus driver for you video Card
2-Reboot
3- Install DVCR2.1 WITH the Asus WDM driver
Note, in windows Xp I found that even if you remove the nvidia WDM driver, Windows will still get these from somewhere in his directory. If you already installed NVIDIA WDM capture, install DVCR 2.1 with Asus WDM, after reboot new hardware will be found. When everything is installed, go in Control panel, Sound, Device, check the WDM driver you will see that the name is still NVIDIA. Update them manually. Update driver, and chose the directory in your DVCR21 wich contain Asus WDM. (no need to do the ini trick)
3-Reboot
4-Unistall DVCR2.1
5-Reboot
6-Install DVCR2.2
Voilà !

(I'm pretty sure you can install the Asus WDM 1.08 alone with DVCR 2.1 and DVCR 2.2 after)

No more white block when I capture, everything is good except ... After I use DVCR and I reboot my pc, I still can hear the sound of the TV. I have to open DVCR again to close it. Or I have to always mute the line-in before I close the DVCR. Anyone has any ideas on that ?

If you have the same setup as me, you can contact me at luvieneq@hotmail.com for more info!

I hope it help! :)

I have an ASUS 7100 Deluxe combo and after installing all the updates for XP, and install WDM 1.08 when I want to install the DVCR 2.2 tells me that "a version previous of DVCR" exists and does it ask to remove it, but doesn't it figure for uninstall, do look for in the registry and neither I did find anything, does somebody have idea against that check when it installs?

Hi XZX,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you can't install the latest DVCR 2.2 due to a "previous version" exists. The easiest way is to go to your Control Panel and use the "Add and Remove Programs" icon to get rid of DVCR 2.1.

Be aware that you need to keep a video codec from DVCR 2.1 as no other version comes with it apparently (see SirShaggSalot, Aug. 8, 2002). Does my rig work like it's supposed to? No. But I'm going to try the suggestions listed by Luvien (see Luvien, Aug. 14, 2002).

Good luck!

hi,

can anyone confirm me, does digitalVCR work with Asus3400?

I got AsusLive 4.6, Asus driver 6.49 under windows2000

and i wanna try DigitalVCR with nVidia display and WDM Capture driver.

It works now for me, I had all the errors described...

System:
ASUS 6600 Deluxe (Geforce 256 SDRAM)
NVIDIA Detonator 30.82
NVIDIA WDM 1.08

DVCR 2.2

The following worked for me:

Problem: "Code 10"
Solution: I disconnected the video-in cable! I also trecognized that a 7 pin connector will cause the Code 10... a 4 pin will di fine.

Problem: "white bar"
Solution: Nvidia 1.08 from nvidia, since there is no changelog to find, its hard to say that a 1.16 driver would do better.

Note:
I reinstalled windows 3 times, and spent the whole weekend to solve a problem, which should not be a users task! I am not very amused about Asus...

For all those guys who mailed me with questions regarding getting to work ASUS Live with the V3400 Card under XP:

ASUS Live version 4.6b2 can be downloaded at: and the nVidia driver Win2K-XP_23.11 can be found at:
The above combo works for me.
Cheers,
Jerry

I just updated to the XP bandwagon, and have the Asus V6800 Deluxe. I had a heck of a time
trying to get the capture mode to work with it, now I get a solid "white" bar in the middle of all my captures.

Any idea what is causing this?

I have installed the WDM 1.11 driver that Asus offers, along with the 28.80 drive from Asus.

Thanks

I had the same problem, and olso the same card, change WDM driver from 1.11 Asus to 1.08 Nvidia - it works for me, no White bar enymore.

Cheers.

Well my whole problem with the capture driver going code 10 after rebooting was a voltage problem. I purchases an antec true powersupply. 3.3 voltage went from 3.08 to a steady 3.20. Even rebooting and turning on/off system, the driver holds.

U need asus dvcr 2.1, a good powersupply, and no other hardware sharing ur vid card irq. After all of that, manually update asus wdm to 1.11 and install asus digital vcr 2.2 without uninstalling 2.1

Asus gave me no help with my problem. They insisted i was an idiot. Not once did they mention powersupply conflict, even though i had a 400 watt powersupply my voltages were going up and down. Now with a true powersupply not a problem. Enermax is good as well. U need at least 300 watt but i suggest at least a 330 watt ps.

As far as the white bar conflict, i would try to avoid mixing asus and nvidia specific drivers. My capture works just fine, except it will not play back the files. Prolly cause i use a codec pack that only associates with mediaplayer. I watch every file on media player and it looks just as good as it did when i captured it.

I have been weary about upgrading my last PC to WinXP Pro from Win98SE with Asus 3400 as I used that PC to watch TV via the Video In, while I worked. After going through these wonderful threads, I finally got a combo that sort of works:
Win XP Pro (fresh install)
Video Driver - Win2K-XP_23.11 (unsigned)
Asus Live 4.6b2 / 4.6b5 / 4.6r (started with older and upgraded up)

The problem is I cannot watch TV anymore as I can see a single frame and I have to walk over to update each frame manually. Bah! 30 mouse clicks per second; I do not think so. Asus Digital VCR version 2.1 / 2.2 does not work with the vfw Win2k drivers that is installed from the ALive 4.6x. None of the other combos work like various Video and WDM drivers. All ends with Code 10.

I really hate to pension a perfectly working 3400 because of Asus's bad XP support but it is looking like it is a buyer beware of Asus issue.

I have been weary about upgrading my last PC to WinXP Pro from Win98SE with Asus 3400 as I used that PC to watch TV via the Video In, while I worked. After going through these wonderful threads, I finally got a combo that sort of works:

The problem is I cannot watch TV anymore as I can see a single frame and I have to walk over to update each frame manually. Bah! 30 mouse clicks per second; I do not think so. Asus Digital VCR version 2.1 / 2.2 does not work with the vfw Win2k drivers that is installed from the ALive 4.6x. None of the other combos work like various Video and WDM drivers. All ends with Code 10.

I really hate to pension a perfectly working 3400 because of Asus's bad XP support but it is looking like it is a buyer beware of Asus issue.

Sorry about the several posts. I kept on getting a Post error and had no idea that it actually posted.

Hello you all.
I've a problem that I have not seen here.
(I'm just new so maybe in earlier messages)
If I start DVCR 2.2 (or 2.1)I got the message "Can not start Capture driver!" Does somebody has an idea?
I use Asus VGA driver 14.62a, WDM driver 1.11 (tried 1.08 also) XP Prof.
Cannot find the Capture driver in the system either.
Where should it be visable?
Thanks

i had the Code 10 error..
this is what worked for me.

1. unplugged svhs cable
2. changed from 75watt psu to 250watt (ADM athlon 1.2ghz)

capture driver is in digital vcr 2.1. How many time do we have to say it. It isnt in any other release. When installed under xp or 2000 it appears under sound and video game controllers, video codec. Select properties of video codecs and see if the first one says asus asv2 codec. If it is not there it will not work.

ONCE AGAIN IF IT IS NOT THERE IT WONT WORK!!!
INSTALL VIDEO CARD DRIVERS, ASUS DVCR 2.1 WHICH HAS ALL THE WDM U NEED.
If it still doesnt work, its either an irq conflict or u need to check to make sure ur video card is getting at least 3.15 for the 3.3 voltage.

BTW, xp and 2000 wont tell u there is an irq conflict. You must check every hardware properties to make sure that ur video irq isnt assigned to anything else.

FORGET WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAYS ABOUT NVIDIA WDM, IVE ONLY HAD PROBLEMS WITH THOSE WHILE USING ASUS VIDEO DIRVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back