Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS Live Tuner Windows XP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZimZ

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2001
NL
I've switch to Windows XP. Everything works fine, except for Asus Live. I get the following message:
Video decoder detecting occurs error!
Possible reasons:
1. Your display card doesn't have a video decoder
2. Your monitor or monitor driver is not proper design for I2C Bus control

My card: Asus V7100 Deluxe Combo.
Motherboard: Socket 423 P4, 850 Chipset

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks!

I've got it working on XP!

- download the Nvidia-drivers (23.11)
- download the WDM-drivers (Nvidia, 1.08)
- download Digital VCR 2,5 Beta

After installing... it worked for me!

I switched too and had problems with the DVCR. I found the solution on the ASUS download site. Although, I'm still struggling with the audio capture. There are a few zip files to download. The driver first, then the beta software. XP will warn you about it not being authorized, but ignore it and you'll get the correct drivers, etc. Hope this helps. Go to:

Here is how it worked for me (ASUS 7100 Deluxe Combo under Windows XP)

1. Install ASUS 7100 Deluxe Combo Video Driver v14.62a
2. Download Digital VCR 2.5beta
3. Download Digital VCR 2.0
4. Unzip both
5. Replace WDMCapDrv folder in Digital VCR 2.5b with the same folder coming with Digital VCR 2.0 (so you are basically using a mix of beta VCR and released WDM capture drivers)
6. Run Digital VCR 2.5b installation.

At this point everything would work fine. But after some time it stops working - and I cannot figure out why. On my last installation it stopped working after the first time I ran Remote Desktop

ASUS DVCR + XP step by step

Step 1: If you have already installed the nVidia WDM drivers, uninstall them. First go to control panel ---> add or remove programs and uninstall the WDM drivers. I'm pretty sure you should do this next step as well and that is removing the hardware components of these drivers. Right click on My Computer ----> properties ---> hardware ----> device manager. You'll find all of the WDM components (all 4 of them) under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Uninstall all WDM components.

Step 2: Next go to and download both the latest GPU driver and WDM driver. Install the latest GPU driver. Take the WDM driver (a self extracting zip file) and drag it into Winzip (actions ---> check out) and create a new program group. Delete the original file so you aren't tempted to click on the unmodified driver later.

The following was supplied by Dr|zzt:
Now find the "nvxbar.INF" in the folder you extracted the WDM's to (you might have to set explorer to not hide system files) open it up with notepad and scroll down to the bottom. The 3rd and 2nd last lines should look like this:
NVxbar.DeviceDesc="nVidia WDM A/V Crossbar"
NVxbar.Crossbar="nVidia WDM A/V Crossbar"

Change them to this:
NVxbar.DeviceDesc="ASUS WDM A/V Crossbar"
NVxbar.Crossbar="ASUS WDM A/V Crossbar"

Save the changes and click on setup in the new progam group and install the drivers.

Step 3: Go to ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/VGA/ASUS_VGA_TOOLS/
and find DVCR 2.0 beta. Download and install it with the ASUS WDM capture driver. Halt the installation when it gets to the nVidia WDM capture drivers (I'm not sure, actually, if it does any harm to install these older drivers). Anyway, I found that solved pretty much any problems I had... Good Luck!

More info on the topic (see previous post by me).

Reinstalling the (old?) driver from the original CD that came with the card (NOT made for winXP) fixed the problem with ASUS Live, meaning TV Tuner + Remote works perfectly. The CD doesn't claim to work with WinXP, but clicking the button in the flashy autorun program that says "Install Video Capture Driver" results in the message "... Successful ..." ;)
Reboot, and there you go.
Concerning ASUS DVCR; the sources seem to be set right but still the same sync problem. Another problem is that ASUS Live fails after ASUS DVCR has been run, really annoying since I don't use to shut down my computer (Suspend-To-RAM takes care of that, but the capture driver makes suspension fail!).

I had the same problem, but I fixed IT!
Heres how.

First. Remove any 3rd Party drivers you have
Second. Go to and download the detonator drivers for XP.

Third. Also from the same website download the WDM_1.08.exe

Fourth. Download the new Asus VCR(asvd200.zip)
Install Everything and you should be ready to GO!!

asuslive in setup ask if i whant update capture i click yes.
after setup i reboot and start asus live and answer is :
Video decoder detecting occurs error!
The reason could be :
1. Your display card doesn't have a Video
decoder
2. Your monitor or monitor driver is not proper
design for I2C Bus control.

i have an asusv7700 gts deluxe 64mb ddr
i have run win 98se win me win2k win xp
win98 se and win me are the only problem free os for asus live and digital vcr.
However Asus have 2 drivers that do work one is an earlier version driver for "win2k ver 6.49"and "14.62" and asus live. ver 4.62beta2
these do work for me in win2k and xp and i Have been able to capture video on both.However video is slightly choppy.
IMPORTANT ASUS LIVE AND DIGITAL VCR SHOULD BE INSTALLED BY A USER WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVELDGES. that is the username and pass created when the operating system was installed.
or make an account with admin.also some motherboards will show an unknown device in system properties,thisis actaully part of asus live or digital vcr so dont disable it.

Hello everybody!

I've got many of the problems above and I tried my ASUS V-7700 Deluxe 32 MB in almost all MS operation systems. The only systems which function properly are WIN ME, WIN 98 and WIN 98SE. With WIN XP, WIN 2000 and NT 4.0 I've got the mistakes which are mentioned before.

With Linux running I don't know about the capturing. At least the card functions. (Mandrake Linux 8.0/8.1)

So now I did it like this: I installed both WIN XP and WIN 98SE. In WIN 98SE I capture and in WIN XP I edit. It is a bit angry that I have to change the OS, but I reach my targets.

I hope, I helped a bit

i used the drivers from nvidia drivers 4 the GeForce 2 Ti Deluxe (the make n model of my card).. when i installed both the WDM driver and the display drivers capture and output worked fine i also used digital vcr 2.1 beta hope this helps!

l8z

Ok. I HAVE HAD it working fine in XP (14.62a + nVidia WDM 1.08). But then one day my composite input quit working. And the tuner "channel" from VCR turned black and white...

Things works fine with VfW under Win Me, but even there (Me) the WDM has the same problem.

Ideas? Gbg, this sounds a little like your problem.

Here's a solution for those with no sound when capturing in XP.

Make sure you hook your sound wire in the "Line-in" plug on your sound card.

Go into Control Panel.
Choose "Sounds and audio device".
Select the "Audio" tab.
Click on the "Volume" button in the "Sound Recording" section.
Now, put a check in the box beside "Select" in the "Line-in" section.
You are done. You can now capture with perfect sound.

Hi, I've done it with ASUS V7100 Deluxe Combo:

1 - Download all the latest drivers from nVidia (GPU, WDM, Stereo Glasses ...) Install all(making change in the ini file of WDM drivers from nVidia, change nVidia to ASUS)
2- Download ASUS Digital VCR 2.2 from: ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/VGA/ASUS_VGA_TOOLS/asdvcr22.zip

That's all, except that for some TV Channels the sound suxx but I think this is the best for now.

When I install the WDM Asus driver and I want to capture video (V3800 S-Video in) I get a lot of lost-frames. Looks likes the software is set to NTSC.
I use Ulead Media-Studio 6.5 set to 25 frames full pal.

When I used Win98 (VFW) it worked perfect.

Please Help

Can recognize many of the above problems. Have a 7700 deluxe. Capturing worked fine until I installed Windows XP.
VFW hasn't worked since. It cannot lock a framerate so sound and images are in fast forward mode.
With this setup
display driver 29.41
wdm 1.08
and Dvcr 2.2
I can record mpg's fine with no loss of framerate and perfect sound. However two problems remain:
I get black vertical bars in the image recording pal(BDHG) video.!
In capuring AVI with dvcr the image is flipped on both axes!

Just noticed there is a WDM 1.11 at this location: ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/VGA/

I'm a bit confused as to all these different version and numbering schemes of drivers, but I'll give them a try anyways.

well (sigh) back to testing

First of all I got an Asus v8200 dx card

My tip too all of you with a Asus GeForce3 dx running on an XP. FORGET ABOUT ASUS LIVE.

USE ASUS DIGITAL VCR. It is 100000 times better, special the screen qualety.

download it here: the newest non beta version:
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/VGA/ASUS_VGA_TOOLS/asdvcr22.exe

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back