Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asus Eee PC won't read my USBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwydionM

Programmer
Oct 4, 2002
GB
I've just purchased an Asus Eee PC configured for Linux. The main initial use I planned for it was to take notes that I could transfer to my desktop PC, which uses Windown XP.

USB Flash Memory Disk seemed the easiest method, and the guide that came with the machine suggested there should be no problem. But when I plug in a USB Flash Memory Disk that I had previously used on the desktop, it said I had no permission to read it.

I took it back to the Desktop, tried to give myself permission to read my own disk. I could find no such option. I extended it as far as I could, this is not secure data, of no interest to anyone except myself. But it remained unreadable, and also (more relevenatly) I could not copy anything off of the Asus Eee PC.

Should I get a fresh USB - they are pretty cheap now? Or is there some simpler option I could use?

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back