Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asus AGP-V8460 Ultra GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB, How much power required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 30, 2002
PH
My video card is Asus AGP-V8460 Ultra GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB.
I need to know first how much total power required (watts) and what voltage line? +3.3v, +5v, +12v? because I calculate my System's power consumption first before I buy the right wattage of power supply to prevent system instability.

I have that exact same grafix card. You will need at least 350 watt PSU. If you plan to run a basic setup, mobo, dvd, cdr, grafix card, hdd, then you can get away w/ a good quality 350 watt PSU. But if you want to start adding a lot of peripherals id go w/ at least a 400 watt PSU. Make sure to spend a few extra dollars on a good quality branded PSU!!!

I need the total power of video card only because I know how to calculate and measure the system's power consumption. I read & study the technical documentation of AMD's Guide "Builders guide to Desktop/Tower" systems on page 6. This page about how to calculate the system power consumption to measure the amount and buying the right size of power supply. I don't wanna buy the bigger watts of power supply immediately because it's very scare to pay on big electric bills so I must calculate first! If my system's power requirements is big?, so I need to buy the bigger wattage of power supply because my system is need big power supply too so I calculate my system's power correctly! Here's the AMD technical documention that I say:

guys! somebody knows my video cards power requirements! I don't want to buy 400 watts or 350 watts power supply bucause it's sure to my pc i'm wasting I lot of elctricity bills! guys! plzzzzz! I need your help I can't build my pc w/out this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back