Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS A7A266 stuck in BIOS after XP install

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMage

MIS
Jan 10, 2002
AU
I went to install XP Pro using the upgrade feature from W2K. It copied the startup files then restarted to continue setup. Now all that happens is that the machine boots directly into BIOS with a message that says: The system intruded, chassis opened or tempered before. Please check the system.

I cannot get out of this. Restarting does not work, I have reloaded setup defaults and cleared the CMOS. I have checked the chassis alarm jumper and it is disabled. H/w monitor is extremly slow. Voltage readouts are twice what they should be. They are the wrong readings, I got the syustem to start once, if the readings were true, the machine would be a smoking crater about now. I thought maybe a PSU fault, but it seems like too much of a coincidence. I cannot boot from any device. Help needed desperatly.

Thanks in advance,
IceMage

If you don't have the optional chassis intrusion module installed then the chassis signal and ground pins must be jumpered.

||----pins 3&4 must be jumpered
Chassis intrusion header •••

If you have the pins jumpered correctly and have a good connection, boot the system.
When you see the SYSTEM INTRUSION message click OK.
Exit the BIOS setup and save the changes.

You should be back to normal.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back