Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk web login

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcokonougher

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2006
US
I have recently installed asterisk on a centos server and have a problem with the GUI. I can get to the interface by putting the ip address into my web browser, but when the page comes up there is no login prompt. When I click on ant of the tabs I get a forbidden error. I have looked for a fix to this problem but have not come across any similar issues.

Thank you

did you follow all intructions on getting the gui working, I know you have to edit manager.conf and do some other stuff?

As far as I know the gui is built in and should work when asterisk is loaded. I download the .tar files for Freepbx, Asterisk, Zaptel, Libpri, Asterisk sounds, and add-ons. The files are unzipped installed and configured by using a script. Here is what I am using.
#UPDATED 2-21-06
#
#How to Install Asterisk and FreePBX on CentOS 4
#==========================================
#KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid)

#CentOS 4 installation:
#You will need the Centos 4 "Server Edition"
#I used graphical install mode
#Disable the SELINUX and Firewall
#Install the "minimal" package (it's at the bottom of the package selection)
#
#This guide is now executable!!!!
#
#run "yum update" and then reboot prior to executing this script!
#execute this script by entering "sh guide.txt" at the linux prompt

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clear

yum -y install gcc libxml2-devel libtiff-devel mysql-server php-gd php-mbstring php-mysql kernel-devel bison ncurses-devel audiofile-devel libogg-devel openssl-devel httpd

rpm -ivh
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /usr/src

wget
tar -zxvf freepbx-2.2.0.tar.gz

mv freepbx-2.2.0 freepbx

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wget
tar -zxvf asterisk-1.4.9.tar.gz

mv asterisk-1.4.9 asterisk

wget
tar -zxvf zaptel-1.4.4.tar.gz

mv zaptel-1.4.4 zaptel

wget
tar -zxvf libpri-1.4.1.tar.gz

mv libpri-1.4.1 libpri

wget
tar -zxvf asterisk-addons-1.4.2.tar.gz

mv asterisk-addons-1.4.2 asterisk-addons

wget
tar -zxvf asterisk-sounds-1.2.1.tar.gz

mv asterisk-sounds-1.2.1 asterisk-sounds

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /usr/src/zaptel

#mv ztdummy.c ztdummy.c.orig

#sed "s/if 0/if 1/" < ztdummy.c.orig > ztdummy.c

#cd /usr/src/kernels/`2.6.9-55.0.2EL-i686 -r`-`2.6.9-55.0.2EL-i686 -m`/include/linux/

#mv spinlock.h spinlock.h.orig

#sed "s/rw_lock_t/rwlock_t/" < spinlock.h.orig > spinlock.h

cd /usr/src/zaptel

#make linux26

make clean; make install

make config

cd /etc/sysconfig

mv -vf zaptel zaptel.old

touch zaptel

echo "TELEPHONY=yes" >> /etc/sysconfig/zaptel

echo "#DEBUG=yes" >> /etc/sysconfig/zaptel

echo 'MODULES="$MODULES ztdummy"' >> /etc/sysconfig/zaptel

modprobe zaptel

modprobe ztdummy

echo "modprobe ztdummy" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /usr/src/libpri

make install

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /usr/src/asterisk

mkdir /var/run/asterisk

make install

make config

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

useradd -c "Asterisk PBX" -d /var/lib/asterisk asterisk

chown asterisk /var/lib/php/session/

sed -i "s/User apache/User asterisk/" /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

sed -i "s/Group apache/Group asterisk/" /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/etc/init.d/mysqld start

cd /usr/src/freepbx

mysqladmin create asterisk

mysqladmin create asteriskcdrdb

mysql asterisk < SQL/newinstall.sql

mysql asteriskcdrdb < SQL/cdr_mysql_table.sql

mysql -vv -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asteriskcdrdb.* TO asteriskuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'amp109'"

mysql -vv -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asterisk.* TO asteriskuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'amp109'"

mysql -vv -e "flush privileges"

mysqladmin -u root password '@madusa01'

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /usr/src/asterisk-addons

cp Makefile Makefile.orig

sed -i 's/SOURCE/SOURCE -DMYSQL_LOGUNIQUEID/' Makefile

make && make install

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /usr/src/asterisk-sounds

make install

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clear

ifconfig eth0

cd /usr/src/freepbx

./install_amp

mkdir /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom

chmod 775 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom

echo /usr/sbin/amportal start >> /etc/rc.local

chkconfig --level 345 httpd on

chkconfig --level 345 mysqld on

chkconfig --level 345 ntpd on

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cd /usr/src

wget
rpm -i wanpipe-modules-2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp-2.3.4-3.i686.rpm

wget
rpm -i wanpipe-util-2.3.4-2.i686.rpm
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

echo "Congratulation!!!...you can reboot the system now."

Unless you just like to do all of the manual work and do it yourself, I would suggest downloading Trixbox 2.2. It is Asterisk on Centos. It does all of the work for you, GUI plus more. Don't get me wrong, the manual installation is good practice, but bottom line if you are trying to get something to work and get paid, TB is the way to go. It is a bit confusing with all of the different products, but look for the CE edition. Download, boot up, install, enjoy.

You were installing FreePBX, which is a modified version of Asterisk, I was under the impression that you installed Asterisk, then installed the Asterisk Gui that Digium makes. busster, I dont know about Trixbox but they way I figure it, is that if Digium makes a Gui I will use that other than a third party's Gui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back