Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk sip gateway connected to avaya CM 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech789

Technical User
Jul 24, 2012
UG
Hi,

Is it possible for the Asterisk sip gateway to route calls to avaya LSP in case the avaya main server fails, if yes how?

The setup is,

E1 trunks connected to Asterisk sip gateway --> IP trunks btw SIP gateway and avaya CM 6.

Now If Avaya main server goes down then the calls should be routed by the Asterisk SIP gateway to the
newly configured Avaya LSP. How can this configuration be done such that the calls are diverted to the
LSP if the main server goes down.

Thanks,
Tech789

If I understand correctly, incoming calls are routed out over sip trunks to Avaya CM. Additionally, you have sip trunks between Asterisk and your LSP.

If this is accurate, then in your outbound route, first choice Avaya CM6, second choice LSP. Is all channels are full or not available for some reason, gateway should overflow to second choice toward your LSP.

This is really no different than having two outbound sip providers connected to your Asterisk phone system. If provider one fails for some reason, outbound calls then overflow to the second provider.

Thanks for the reply.

The lsp is a survivable server and is not active currently. It only becomes active when the main server goes down. There no separate trunks to lsp. All the calls routed to main server should be routed to the lsp when the main server goes down. How do i do this on the sip gateway is what I was luking for.

Thanks again.

I understand this is an LSP, but an LSP media gateway can have it's own trunking. In the event that the main site connection is lost or fails, the media gateway registers to the LSP and survives. The sip trunks between the asterisk gateway and the alternate media gateway are always active, just not used unless the connection is lost or all paths are full.

yes, you are correct, I will try that and let you know.

Thank u very much, appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back