Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk 13 CLI - Call routing to Queue or IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddv123

Technical User
Oct 13, 2016
GB
Hi,

Can someone tell me the context to routing inbound calls from a trunk/DDI to a call queue (assign a Queue or IVR a DDI to call basically).

My call queue is setup in queues.conf and works, it has an internal number of 6400 (which works if I dial it) however I have tried mapping a DDI in extensions.conf to the 6400 number and it fails.
I get results such as: "Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)" or "Dial argument takes format (technology/resource)".

This makes sense as there is nothing to dial, or my dialplan entry is incorrect I have added the extension in SIP.conf also to try and bypass.

Could someone help me understand what needs to be done here - it could be queue or IVR whichever suits best. I am finding the online documentation un-helpful.

Thanks,

eddy123,

I can help with this. Did you ever figure it out?

I'll assume that the telco is giving you say 4 digits for your DID. I'll further assume that those 4 digits are 1234 just for example sake. I'll also assume that the context in which you have the working queue at an extension of 6400 is called something like [queue]. One final assumption, the incoming DID has it's context set to [incoming]. Obviously change those values to whatever your system is actually set to in order for this to work.

Code:
[incoming]

exten => 1234,1,Goto(queue,6400,1)

That's all there is to it. You can, go much further than that but I think that fixes the problem you're asking about as simply as possible. Let me know if this helps and if you'd like some more examples of how you could do this.
-Drew

Hi Drew,

Thanks for responding and yes I achieved this with (I have x'd out my DID for obvious reasons):

[from-trunk]
exten=>xxxxxxxxxxx,1,Answer
exten=>xxxxxxxxxxx,n,Goto(digitalreceptionist,s,1)
exten=>xxxxxxxxxxx,n,Hangup

Digital receptionist being:

[digitalreceptionist]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Background(asteriskIVR2)
exten => s,n,WaitExten(5)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

If there are any additional points you would like to add please feel free.

Thanks.

Good deal. Glad you were able to make it work. I will say that I don't see a queue in there anywhere or for that matter anything that dials a phone. I'm assuming it's just not been added to the example. Sorry for the late response, the site normally tells me when something I've commented on was replied to but I didn't get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back