Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assume The 9 on Analog Stations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaNovice

Vendor
Apr 6, 2003
US
Hi,

Looking for a way to program some analog single line stations to automatically select an outside line from the pool, basically make the station automatically dial 9 transparently to give the station normal dialtone appearance.

Thanks

Make the station a hotline extension (page 3); enter 9 and a wait (~w) in the personal abbrv dial list.

Did that, works kind of... problem is no dialtone. When you pick up the station's handset... you get no dialtone, but you can still dial numbers... so one of our customers that we're re-selling dialtone might think their phone isn't operating.

Any other solution?

How about using a TAC instead of the 9 in the personal abbrv dial list?

What vtecdaddy2000 is close to the way I do them.
To start with take out the ~w, that is why you don't get the dial tone. just put in the 9.
I do this but use a group ab list, set it up once and done.
you can use the same group list for multiple phones.

PS don't use the tac, you give away control of calls doing that.

PS don't use the tac, you give away control of calls doing that.

Agreed. If the 9 without the wait will address the dialtone issue, keep using the 9.

I was just brainstorming trying to come up with an alternative when it was reported that the dialtone come through.

Is this possible to setup analog faxes that would not have to dial 9 before the number?

Do the same thing set them up to hot dial the 9

Hi! The best way you can do is to create an abbreviated dialing via system and change the station parameter in page 3 by putting the dial code you created in Hotline destination. Here is the example:

display abbreviated-dialing system Page 1 of 4 SPE A
ABBREVIATED DIALING LIST

System List
Size (multiple of 5): 100 Privileged? n
DIAL CODE
01: 16:
02: 17:
03: 18:
04: 19:
05: 20:
06: 21:
07: 22:
08: 23:
09: 9 24:
10: 25:
11: 26:
12: 27:
13: 28:
14: 29:
15: 30:
change station 80003 Page 3 of 3 SPE A
STATION
SITE DATA
Room: Headset? n
Jack: Speaker? n
Cable: Mounting: d
Floor: Cord Length: 0
Building: Set Color:

ABBREVIATED DIALING
List1: personal 1 List2: group 1 List3: system

HOT LINE DESTINATION
Abbreviated Dialing List Number (From above 1, 2 or 3): 3
Dial Code: 9

Line Appearance: call-appr

rod1:

What software load do you have? I have G3SiV8 and my system list dial code starts at 11 instead of 01. If your dial code starts with 01, shouldn't you be using 09 in your Hot Line Destination instead 9 because if you are using 9 only the PBX is still waiting for one more digit for the 9x dial code? Let me know.

KC

One more thing, for me to do what it has been described, I need to configure "abbr personal" list for each extension. Of course, it is easy of it can be done with a group list instead.

KC

By doing what rod1 suggested, what happens if we have a an AAR digit conversion for 911 and the caller dials 11?

We have the digit conversion so that caller does not have to remember to dial the 9 before dialing 911 in a panic situation. Both 9-911 and 9-11 will get you to 911. So I am wondering if we have 9 already dialed if that would cause an increase in accidental 911 calls since dialing 11 would match the AAR digit conversion pattern.

indyjon:

I think 9911 would still work. Because the hot line funcion dial the 1st 9 for you to trigger the ARS then if the user dial 9 again then 911 then the ARS will see 9911. If you have digit conversion to make 9911 to 911 before it outpulse to the CO then it should work. I would choose some other number to test the theory.

I also tested the dial 9 or 09 configuration. If the list has only 10 dial code, 9 will do just fine. If the list has more than 10 dial code, like 20 dial code, you must dial 09 to trigger the content of that dial code to be dialed.

I used to use the abbr dialing list to limit where people can call. The hot line function will trigger the dialing of the personal abbr list access code, then 1st digit that they dial become the dial code of the personal abbr list. For example:

1 1
3 3
0 0

That means they can dial 1xxx, 3xxx and 0 but not 2,4, 5,6,7,8 & 9. If they cannot dial 9, they cannot get outside line without goint to the operator.

KC

I have Definity G3r version 9. Here is what you do:
1. Execute the command: cha sta (extension number)
2. On page 3, of the Abbreviated Dialing Field, put "system" on number 3. And put also a 3 to the field Abbreviated Dialing List Number and put 9 to the Dail Code field.
3. Execute command: cha abb system, and put number 9 like this:

display abbreviated-dialing system Page 1 of 4 SPE B
ABBREVIATED DIALING LIST

System List
Size (multiple of 5): 100 Privileged? n
DIAL CODE
01: 16:
02: 17:
03: 18:
04: 19:
05: 20:
06: 21: