Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assistance with scheduling time frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddean68

Programmer
Sep 6, 2003
US
First off, thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

OK the basic concept is, I have 4 tables. 1 containing teachers information, linked to a table with thier schedules. The third table is simple and contains a list of classrooms, could even be made into a simple list. Fourth table contains information on classes, the times they are held, what room they are in and what teacher is giving the class.

What I need to do is be able to book rooms and assign teachers. In order to do this I need to cross reference information. Assuring the teacher is not already booked, but scheduled to work that day. Also verifying the room is free for thsi time frame. This then sets the times and other info into Table 4.

One of the issues I am having is, the time frame issue. I set a Start and stop time for classes and teachers. How can I test the inbetween times as well.

IE: If Teacher (A) is giving a class in room 2 From 11:00 - 1:00. How can I make sure that the timeframe inbetween (12:00) is not allowed. So rather then just 11:00 AND 1:00 Being flagged as unavailable. 11:00,11:01,11:02...etc are ALL flagged as not available?

I hope I was clear on that, thanks again

If i understand correctly, one of your tables has times in it.

You could run an update query which sets the unavailable flag in the table if the time is greater or equal to the start time and less than or equal to the end time.

Therefore all times in between will be flagged as unavailable

Deleco

I will try that later. I often seem to overlook the obvious answer. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back