Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assistance with adding buttons to form

Status
Not open for further replies.

basictypeuser

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
US
Looking for some help,

Took VB6 basic several years ago, but hoping to find some help on a word template I am creating. I want to add a print command button on the form as well a button to open my email include the specified email address, populate the subject line with some text, and attach the subject form.

I believe printing the form with some code should be fairly easy (if I could remember how)

the second button I want sounds easy but I am really lost on where to start.

Any help would be appreciated

When you say, "form", are you referring to a VBA UserForm that needs VB Code behind it to work, or a Word form, using Forms Toolbar functionality, and not requiring VB Code to work?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip,

I have created this in a word document. Added a button, labeled it as "print" and "email".

Hope this makes sense?

That didn't help a lick!

You STILL did no answer my specific questions.

Either option I posed, could be in a Word document.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

basictypeuser, you need to actually describe things. We can not read minds, nor look at your screen.

It is, as Skip noted, still not clear what you are talking about.

A "button". That's nice. A MACROBUTTON? An ActiveX control commandbutton? Heck, we don't even know if it is a button on the toolbar you have done.

In your first post:
a print command button on the form as well a button to open my email
TWO buttons it seems.

From your last post:
Added a button, labeled it as "print" and "email".
"a" button, which seems like one button and you "labeled it" (it is ONE) print and email.

Now I realize that it probably is not one button. If you want to get people giving good responses you can NOT assume we can read your mind, or see the screen.

Describe what you have, what you are doing, clearly.

Lastly, if you are asking about VBA and code, this is not the VBA forum. There is one.

Please remember that "form" can mean different things. Which is why Skip asked if it was a userform. It seems (but I am not 100% sure) that it is not a userform. But...it would be much easier all round if you clearly stated things. Assumptions are fuzzy things.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back